• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHECKstar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fxh
As a dedicated medium timer.

Following on from other things - I started my own site just for clothes I'm offloading on blogspot and am whacking up pics etc and including it in the signature - seems easy enough and I can send it to others not on any forums etc.

I've still got to add measurements and pics. I haven't even thought of putting stuff on FS here or eBay yet - etsy perhaps.

I can't believe that nobody has taken you up on the Church's - I briefly considered amputating a toe or two to make it fit.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CHECKstar
I can't believe that nobody has taken you up on the Church's - I briefly considered amputating a toe or two to make it fit.

Sorry - they are on hold for someone at present - I have to rejig my bloody paypal etc after the great Credit Card meltdown of June 2011 - yesterday. Today my other CC isn't working.

CHECKstar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fxh
I have to rejig my bloody paypal etc after the great Credit Card meltdown of June 2011 - yesterday. Today my other CC isn't working.

I am sure it would be a speedy turn around by PayPal taking no longer then several months...

Jimbosaurus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fxh
Isn't it iPhone /Android only? and by invite? Sounds a bit better than face book
It will be iPhone soon. At the moment it is web and android only and they shut down invites due to massive demand. I managed to get in before that and I must say it's pretty good. I use facebook begrudgingly but I'll happily use google+. You have a lot more control over general privacy and who sees your updates. edit : also the interface is fantastic.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fxh
Isn't it iPhone /Android only? and by invite? Sounds a bit better than face book
The only point of facebook is to creep on your friend's attractive friends, so I don't see point of Google+ until everyone decide to join
devil.gif
Might actually drop by down at Zegna again and pick up another tie for a friend as present. It's about time he stop getting stuff from Satch and Calibre and what not at full retail. But then again picking a tie for another dood is a bit gay (not that there's anything wrong with being gay).

pasey25

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MickyD
which railmaster?

my collection:
724700115_hzPus-S.jpg

gotta be the XXL
smile.gif

your pic looks like it could be the XXL.

49.2mm dial - but mine doesn't look big on me (I think)

MickyD

Reaction score
yep, XXL. I think it has actually been discontinued, but stock shouldn't be too hard to find around the traps. I believe it's been superseded by the Aqua Terra XXL (which is basically the same watch with a different dial & strap)

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fxh
As a dedicated medium timer.

Following on from other things - I started my own site just for clothes I'm offloading on blogspot and am whacking up pics etc and including it in the signature - seems easy enough and I can send it to others not on any forums etc.

I've still got to add measurements and pics. I haven't even thought of putting stuff on FS here or eBay yet - etsy perhaps.

Would love to see pics of that crombie coat.

Originally Posted by fxh
Isn't it iPhone /Android only? and by invite?

Sounds a bit better than face book

Originally Posted by Jimbosaurus
It will be iPhone soon. At the moment it is web and android only and they shut down invites due to massive demand.

I managed to get in before that and I must say it's pretty good. I use facebook begrudgingly but I'll happily use google+. You have a lot more control over general privacy and who sees your updates.

edit : also the interface is fantastic.

Yep. I hear there is a workaround for invites but happy to wait until they open it up again in a few days if you'd be kind enough to send one my way!

Originally Posted by tone76
Isn't that a reheated version of Google Wave?
eh.gif

Hope not. Wave was a clunky disaster.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by appolyon
Would love to see pics of that crombie coat.

I've got some pics but I can't capture the colour at all properly. I'll search on Bookster to see a similar color and pattern.

Its very English, more country than city, but not casual, in my mind anyway.

a bit like this but darker

http://www.tweed-jacket.com/GALLERY%...sdale-Crop.jpg

Edit - I've now banged a few more pics up - it is hard to get colours right - especially with the flash.

Tano

Reaction score
Its next to impossible to get him to shorten the sleeves. I had to trick him by lifting my shoulders to pull my arms up to make it seem the sleeve was too long. Then he agreed to take an 1" off. :)

He does a fantastic job every time, very knowlegable and is very well priced.

Originally Posted by JohnsNotHere
I use favazzo. Gary is a good alterations tailor but you have to be specific on what you want. For example when I requested sleeve shortening he said they looked fine ( zero cuff was showing). Also tried to give me a full break when I requested slight break. So for fitting not so great, actual work very good and reasonably priced.

Tano

Reaction score
Where do you guys buy your suit hangers? I like the 3 maple hangers for $75 on "the hanger project" but I don't want to pay $50 shipping.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tano
Where do you guys buy your suit hangers? I like the 3 maple hangers for $75 on "the hanger project" but I don't want to pay $50 shipping.

search hangers on this thread

http://www.styleforum.net/search.php?searchid=10798531

From my earlier post

Originally Posted by fxh
K Mart sometimes has ones with nice wide shoulder end bits

or mei + picchi

K mart is cheaper but not always in stock

mei + have ones with a trouser clamping bar.

http://www.meipicchi.com/
mens suit jacket hanger wax finish with trouser bar + chrome hook. 460mm wide $6.75

perth\t
289 fitzgerald street
west perth 6005
phone 08 9227 6599
fax 08 9328 1328

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics