• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by steviecakes
Employees are grossly underpaid.
They exploit young idealistic college students into thinking that the job will involve things other than simply canvassing, which is just harassing people into making "small monthly contributions". In reality, the company wants the personal info of the donor to harass them more.
Their only goal is getting donations. Discussing the issues is considered a waste of time.
Some employees pocket cash donations.
Things like transportation, etc will not be compensated for. Hell, employees buy pens for the office with their own cash. And they're broke as ****.
Lunch breaks? Overtime? Minimum wage? These words are not in the Fund's vocabulary.
Directors work 70+ hour weeks. Though a lot of this goes unrecorded because it's "volunteering".

Do research. There's a class action lawsuit against the company.

Your interview tomorrow?
Some grimy hipster **** is going to conduct a group interview. They failed to mention that, right? You'll take one look at your peers and question if this is a joke. You'll go into the office for a one-on-one interview. The dude won't pay attention to a word you say. You'll get the job on the spot and be asked to come in tomorrow. You will again question the legitimacy of this job. The next day you will come in at 9 am and you'll start practicing the canvassing rap (SALES PITCH) for an hour or two. What was that? You don't think the canvasing rap is a good way to discuss the matter at hand? You didn't sign up to beg people for money? You thought you would be in contact with lobbyists or elected officials? You didn't realize Environment New York (or California or wherever) is operated by the same guy who operates the fund? You were offered a managerial position yet 90% of what you do is canvassing? Tough ****.

Oh and if you don't meet quota on your first day, you're fired.

Read these. I'm far from alone.
http://flameow.livejournal.com/6142.html
http://mydd.com/users/christianmille...action-lawsuit
http://www.angelfire.com/indie/fundi...ndIsLying.html

Wow, that's pretty fucked. New plan is
1) Get in
2) Get paid
3) Get a better job
4) Get out

Thanks dogg you just saved me a lot of grief.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Can you still do that? I thought fb had changed the code so you couldn't pull the ID anymore

/stalker

Not sure as I don't know **** about facebook, I'll just ask my coworker for her page as she just sent me the pic with the fb link.

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
hmmm, thanks guys. yeah from the pics i can tell it is very fine. is it so long it doesnt stack nicely, or you just dont like stacks on your tees? is it a raw hem briza?
stacks are fine, but stacks like that will only work with a limited aesthetic. i wanna wear the shirt with my white linen dries pants. ya hem is raw and its diagonal cut
Originally Posted by shahanshah
nobody cares but are these leather running sandals (vibramed, supposedly quite comfortable) at SW http://www.southwillard.com/collecti...e-strap-sandal the same as #71 http://www.kiwisandals.com/ ? looks to be so...
might just cop. i want some sandals for burning man this year, these would go nicely for bedouin by day look

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kevin250
Just pull the middle number from the image url and paste it after the equal sign here.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=

Thanks dawg I knew there were some geniuses on this board, I pasted the middle group between the _ and says to try again later so I dunno, not a big deal anyway.

thatguymj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Gonna sell some **** for my boy, lots of ervell geller and some wings I think, size M and 48-50 iirc.

Will you actually list these items are just talk about it?
crackup[1].gif

j/k, jet, look forward to the listing

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
The dummy sounds serious this time though he has told me several times before.

Supposedly he is taking pics this weekend while I'm out gettin all kinds of smashed in palm springs
plain.gif

Blog Marley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thatguymj
Will you actually list these items are just talk about it?
crackup[1].gif

j/k, jet, look forward to the listing

word.

PS I tried the facebook trick it works you just used the wrong set of numbers. There should be five sets of numbers. You want to use the third set. There should be two long sets (= user number?) you want to use the second one of those. If you want feel free to hit me up I'll help you out.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
http://fashionbombdaily.com/2011/06/...in-the-nation/ Google+ (get on my level) turned me onto this, out of the first pic, only the right 3 would have even half a chance of getting mention in the HWYLAGTD thread and those are big maybes. Then again, they ranked NYU first and used this pic as justification

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Huh, I didn't know but IF boutique is in Dubai too ... just told my homeboy, he went with a colleague and the guy dropped 500 on a yohji shirt on the spot. I feel like this is the start of the end for his finances.

Snow, add that to our list of spot when we go to UAE !!

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yuuuuuup, UK bound in August. I'm officially ******* broke forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads