• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaymanS

Reaction score
PTWilly keeps slaying on his off days. ON HIS OFF DAYS. Dude oozes shwag.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IMAGE_097.jpg

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sugarbutch
"Where is the entertainment? I was told there would be entertainment."

And then it transpired that I was the entertainment

Originally Posted by MBreinin
The Barims coming through with the Swag.
worship.gif

Mike

Originally Posted by A.J.V
Gorgeous picture!

Many thanks, fellows

Originally Posted by Holdfast
You're one cool dude, you know that?
bigstar[1].gif

The muddy colours would surprisingly nicely together. It's a bit unseasonal, esp. with an overcoat, mind!

Thank you, Doctor. I made a fruitless (for me) and impromptu family trip to Bicester on Saturday. I may return for the autumn/winter consignments and give you more warning

As for the ensemble, it's actually from last month. But then, London's weather is only finally settling into a holding pattern, temperature-wise

Originally Posted by TRINI
dark-knight-why-so-serious1.jpg

I'd just found out what happened to Old Yeller

But if you insist:

BarimabyAlexWilsonMay2011b-w.jpg

jwmbro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by barims

But if you insist:

BarimabyAlexWilsonMay2011b-w.jpg

barims, you truly are one fly dude!

Here's an overcast summer day for me - definitely need to get my jacket sleeves shortened.

WAYWRN8_1.jpg

fun socks
WAYWRN8_2.jpg

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by barims
Only one, Spoo? You're not living to the fullest This year's first portrait shoot comes courtesy of my friend Alex Wilson
BarimabyAlexWilsonMay2011.jpg
More at Mode Parade

Effin' A, barims.
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
IMAGE_097.jpg

Am I sensing a bow-tie trend? Where are we on the SF hype cycle re: bowties?
Originally Posted by jwmbro
Here's an overcast summer day for me - definitely need to get my jacket sleeves shortened.
WAYWRN8_1.jpg
fun socks
WAYWRN8_2.jpg

What Vox said. These colors don't work together at all.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
I understand your frustration, Dig, but I don't think you're going to get good advice on that front unless you get some better pics in better light.

Under the circumstance, here's all I can offer: Harris tweeds are great in general, but that one in particular looks kind of meh. If it's on sale for a great price, and if you feel you could punch it up with the right combination of other colors, go for it. If not, better to leave it on the rack and save your money for a piece that really calls your name.

I went back to take another look since today was 20% off day. The jacket (American tailored) just didn't look the same on me this time around although it's only a few days later. This is what the label looked like.

HarrisTweedLabel.jpg

Oddly, they pulled out a new rack while I was in the store and there was ANOTHER Harris Tweed (Canadian) hanging there, darker and better looking to my eye.

This version label was in the Canadian model.
X0642i05.jpg

It was a bit too large in the shoulders though but it made me realize the truth of your words. I left them both. My day will come.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Effin' A, barims.

Am I sensing a bow-tie trend? Where are we on the SF hype cycle re: bowties?

What Vox said. These colors don't work together at all.

It'll be backlash before you know it.

Originally Posted by gnatty8
Nice bow Skinny, I like it.

Thanks gnatty!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
^ Basics before patterned hanky, for the luv of God!

- B

i am still waiting on your permission to wear a hanky
frown.gif

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A.J.V
Got inspired by all the nice bowties pics there has been recently and decided to go with one today. Extremely hot in here at the moment, so linen it was (except the bowtie)...
IMG_1195.JPG
IMG_1193.JPG
IMG_1205.JPG
IMG_1215.JPG
Son, I like the cut of your jib. Please keep posting.
Originally Posted by MikeCharlieUniform
OK, time to throw myself to the wolves. This is a baseline image; an example of what I am wearing to work today. I am only just now starting the process of collecting a real wardrobe, so additional images may be few and far between for a while.
I am also aware of some glaring problems here. First, the shirt is WAY too big. In my defense, I've lost nearly 50 lbs, and most of my clothes pre-date the weight loss (like the shirt) or were acquired during the process (the cargo pants). My belt is at it's tightest, and yet is not snug at all (I'm out of belt holes). I'm mostly posting this to document how bad I look now. I've got three wool suits, some 100% cotton shirts (also too big), and a handful of silk ties; I may take a few staged photos with those to show what I've got to work with for now. Two of the suits are too big (I took them in about 30 lbs ago, which is a whole size below what I bought them at, but they need to be tailored again), and the third is from undergrad 12-15 years ago and now fits again (kinda - I can button the jacket and it doesn't fight back or cry out in agony). I'm not done re-shaping my body - at 6'2" and about 200 lbs, I've got some more fat to trim and muscle to add, but I'm moving into management at work (academic environment) and I can no longer afford to delay getting a "grown-up" wardrobe. OK, enough pre-emptive begging for mercy. It's time to start the cutting. Nurse, scalpel please. (3 edits later and I've finally got the courage to hit "submit"!
ffffuuuu.gif
)
IMG_20110629_122823-edit.jpg
[/SPOILER]

as you know, shirt's too big. probably not even worth tailoring at this point. those pants are casual, not business, not even business casual. can't see the shoes but i'm sure they need work
laugh.gif
welcome and keep posting!
Originally Posted by PTWilliams
Hermes suit and shirt Brioni Tie, AE shoes
qhttX.jpg
CkLB7.jpg
[/SPOILER]

ffffuuuu.gif
gotta work on that whole resizing thing... 1. Tie dimple needs work 2. Jacket fit's ok, sleeves are a bit long 3. Pants definitely too long, and somewhat baggy 4. looking good and nice to see pics from you!
Originally Posted by jwmbro
WAYWRN8_1.jpg

fun socks
WAYWRN8_2.jpg
Jacket also looks about 1-2 inches too long. If that's a regular, you need a short.
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
IMAGE_097.jpg
Lookin' good skinny. you lose weight or is it just the angle/mirror? .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads