• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post your photography skills! (self-gloss)

Reaction score
I love to photograph nature with my Nikon D40....these were taken with a 70-210mm lens.
DSC_0599.jpg

DSC_0596.jpg

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ambient light test shot. Her name is Celeste and I'm going to use her in the upcoming Gap shoot. Celeste by DYSong Photography, on Flickr

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
This is what Ektar 100 looks like. It likes to be shot about 1/2 to one stop underexposed.
Looks absolutely great. So much more character than digital. Still no way I'd change to film, the lazy bastard that I am.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great colour on that Ektar.

sle-z-e

Reaction score

Here are some of mine. I'm having issues posting photos from Flickr though... Just me? Probably.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Szeph el ratón
Looks absolutely great. So much more character than digital. Still no way I'd change to film, the lazy bastard that I am.
Don't switch but augment! One thing that shooting film with an older SLR will do for you is teach you to slow down and wait for the shot. Take that to shooting digital and you'll get a whole lot more good looking pics.
Originally Posted by TRINI
Great colour on that Ektar.
Indeed. I like very saturated bright colors and a warmer look in general, Ektar delivers that.
Originally Posted by il ciclista
Crane those Ektar shots are great for outdoors..I need to look into some of that. Were all your subjects pretty stationary?
Yes they were since I was shooting a very shallow DOF. Up around f6 and a bit more distance and it wouldn't be a problem taking pics of say a dancer. I just got back a roll of Portra 160. All I can say is holy **** this stuff is great! Deep colors, excellent skin tones, great contrast and sharp as a razor. This time around I stuck with f stops from 2.8 to 5. I haven't looked at the low res scans yet. If they aren't clean and crisp then I'll have the negatives scanned as high res tiffs and convert them to loss less jpegs before I post them up.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
/\\/\\/\\ I see those all the time when I'm hiking. They're really pretty but for the life of me I can't remember it's name.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads