• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

__PG__

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahman
I actually sort of do this. I set aside a part of my pay for savings, a part for bills, and anything left goes to my monthly entertainment/shopping. The problem is for what ever reason be it fine dining, new tech or additions to my wardrobe, I always go over and have to pull some of my savings back out to my everyday account.
Another solution is to get a wife who manages the budget.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by __PG__
Another solution is to get a wife who manages the budget.
The situation isn't that dire yet
laugh.gif
But who's to say that my future wife wouldn't just run away with the money to fund her Diors.
plain.gif
Anyway I'm over my remorse now after trying it on and having a look at it a bit more. Loving that tie. It is a very close knit that can pretty much get a way with looking like a textured weave so I can wear it in a half windsor. The bicolor knit makes the fabric sort of shimmer and the shade changes a bit depending on the angle. The contrasting threads allows it to be worn with both dark and light jackets. The solid woven back blade is neato! No keeper behind the tie so if the back blade does peek out, its not my fault :p. I think it's going to be very versatile.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by __PG__
Some men at my work place have long purple hair in a ponytail.

I see this guy all the time. What is his thinking behind that haircut/colour?

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lachyzee
I was actually going to mention this problem: since we aren't meant to flog stuff in this thread could we possibly make an Australian-items thread in the B&S forum (maybe combined with SW/D stuff too?) to promote stuff we Australian members have for sale? I would certainly check such a thread on a regular basis. I imagine lots of us buy stuff from O/S which doesn't quite fit right in the end, but which isn't economical to return due to high shipping costs, and so may be of particular interest to other Aus members.

+1

porschemad911

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doug11
Ended up buying some "aimish" black leather belts form flea bay - i'll post what they are like when they arrive.

I think I bought the same ones. Are they the dress belts? Mine are really good for the price, although for some reason the brown is more substantial than the black.

Dicko

Reaction score
G'day, Aussie member checking in.

Dicko from Perth

Selvaggio

Reaction score
The situation isn't that dire yet
laugh.gif

Anyway I'm over my remorse now after trying it on and having a look at it a bit more. Loving that tie.

I have the same tie on today, but in navy.

xiaoli

Reaction score
I actually sort of do this. I set aside a part of my pay for savings, a part for bills, and anything left goes to my monthly entertainment/shopping. The problem is for what ever reason be it fine dining, new tech or additions to my wardrobe, I always go over and have to pull some of my savings back out to my everyday account.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

This is EXACTLY why my savings balance havent changed in three years
facepalm.gif

Quarks

Reaction score
Dropped by Zegna at Melb twice in the past few days (thanks blahman! Saw your post & that triggered me to drop by). Great items for sale, especially the coats. Didnt pick up anything the first time, the second time, I went in because I was having restless night thinking of that bloody coat. I caved in and got it off the rack. 30% discount & still cost half a bomb. Oh well.

It was funny watching the sale assistants trying to get a customer to make a few purchases. The customer was trying on pants that were clearly too big for him. It went on somewhere along the lines of:-
One of them was like, 'Ohh it looks good on you!' - with that typical trying-make-desperate-sales kinda tone.
You could see the smirk on the man's face as he lifts his head up, looking towards the mirror to the sales lady behind him. It was BAD.
She continued, 'I'm not gonna lie (bleh....), you just have to take 3 cm off here and it will be perfect!'.
It was too much for me but I'm glad he didnt cave in on that pants. Way too baggy.
But he did walk away with other goodies.
Is this person one of us?

I just hate sales assistants like these. Most of the time, I would love to be left alone or have someone who is impartial to give a recommendation or two. Compliments to be given if genuine. If not, I smell a lie a mile away.

blahman: Wicked ties you have there. I had a look at the selection, and they look fantastic. I can't pull a trigger on any of them given what I have spent. But I would kill to get some of them. I sure hope I can sleep well in the next few nights. lol

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dicko
G'day, Aussie member checking in.

Dicko from Perth

Welcome aboard cobber...

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Selvaggio
I have the same tie on today, but in navy.

I'm also wearing mine today
laugh.gif
Good thing you're in Sydney.

Selvaggio

Reaction score
Yep - matching ties would be too
facepalm.gif
- however nice the ties may be.

Are you wearing a white shirt? I sometimes think that ties with a lot of white in them look a bit wrong on a blue shirt - especially with this tie, because the white bits are at the front of the three dimensional weave. Although probably less of an issue with burgundy.

I also have the diagonal 'stripe' tie in the same series, pale blue and cream - but it is a different weave and it snags like crazy.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can always wear the back blade at the front with your blue shirts.
laugh.gif

I pretty much wear white 3 days a week. Today is white day again. Too lazy to go match shirt, tie jacket early in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads