• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need help (girl of my dreams)

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
Jesus, 31 and still starting this type of thread?

My thoughts exactly.

I really don't know how to say this without sounding like a complete jerk, but I'm going to try: If you're 31 years old and still so inept with relationship issues/questions that you're asking for help on an internet forum, you probably have some serious personal issues to work through before you start a relationship with anyone.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
Jesus, 31 and still starting this type of thread? Is this the first woman you've met in your life? I wouldn't rule her out, but I don't know what you expect with her leaving right away. Be cool, act friendly, don't push, don't be weird, but keep her in the loop and make occasional attempts to spend time with her, in groups or alone, and if you become friends, that will probably have to be good enough. When she gets back, you can try to move things forward. However, that's a whole year away.

Yea seriously. This thread is for fking high schoolers.

And what makes her the girl of your dreams? You barely talked to her, you know nothing about her. Based on your criteria, Miranda Kerr is the girl of my dreams as well.

Lastly, shes not really replying, you are too pushy, and if there wasnt a spark somewhere when you guys first met/hung out its never going to be there unless you force it.

veneto

Reaction score
It sounds like you are in the friend zone.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Harbin
what we really need is a picture of you....then we'll see what we can do from there

+1. Then moar pics of the girl. Then we can give you real advice, not some eHarmony BS.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
+1. Then moar pics of the girl. Then we can give you real advice, not some eHarmony BS.

This. I usually have an eye for this sort of thing once given more evidence.

itsaKarrahBoo

Reaction score
Not to bust your bubble, but she seems to me like she's just being polite. I know feelings can change for people, but I don't think she's interested in any sort of relationship right now. I also don't see why she brought her brother along when it was suppose to be sort of a 'lunch date', unless she did feel uncomfortable or she see's things between you guys as more of a friend thing. If she was interested she would want to talk to you more, even the next day at the gym again, barely any small talk makes it seem like she's just not interested. You may blame it on the Mother being there, but you still don't have to ignore someone, of interest, for your Mom.

I say if you really think she's 'the girl of your dreams', then what's another phone call? Don't do this text messaging thing, I hate text messaging, it creates un-needed problems. Ask her out one last time and leave it to whatever happens. Good luck. :)

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I hope science comes up with a different way for humans to reproduce because men, as a gender, are doomed. I can't believe this threak or the others that seem to get regularly posted on here about this same subject. It's shocking to me that adults act this way, texting/smiley faces, "talking" on Facebook. While you are busy tip toeing around acting like an 8th grader, some other dude is going to step in and do things to her that wouldn't make you too happy.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea seriously. This thread is for fking high schoolers. And what makes her the girl of your dreams? You barely talked to her, you know nothing about her. Based on your criteria, Miranda Kerr is the girl of my dreams as well. Lastly, shes not really replying, you are too pushy, and if there wasnt a spark somewhere when you guys first met/hung out its never going to be there unless you force it.
I don't know... people who are in professions that require advanced degrees (Law and especially Medicine) may have stunted relationship experience. Mostly so because they only can date eachother so you have two people who are stunted in the relationship game. Plus lets face it... in order to graduate from Law school there's a great chance that you're a reformed nerd/geek who's just starting to figure things out in you're late 20's and early 30's. to the OP: keep it up man. if you're a nice guy keep at it. but keep trying to have human interactions with her, not just internet/text stuff. buuuuttt... sometimes people need time (years even) to get over a relationship. or worse some girls are just so used to dating assholes, that a guy being nice is just a foreign concept and that can be a self fulfilling prophecy where they will TURN you into an asshole eventually while dating them. you have to at least try.

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
My thoughts exactly.

I really don't know how to say this without sounding like a complete jerk, but I'm going to try: If you're 31 years old and still so inept with relationship issues/questions that you're asking for help on an internet forum, you probably have some serious personal issues to work through before you start a relationship with anyone.

mission failed
laugh.gif

Yea seriously. This thread is for fking high schoolers.

And what makes her the girl of your dreams? You barely talked to her, you know nothing about her. Based on your criteria, Miranda Kerr is the girl of my dreams as well.
Lastly, shes not really replying, you are too pushy, and if there wasnt a spark somewhere when you guys first met/hung out its never going to be there unless you force it.

Miranda is a babe, too bad she's that JDepp wannabe :/

Originally Posted by veneto
It sounds like you are in the friend zone.

friend zone is the wurst place to be.

lol

lurker[1].gif

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RegisDB9
Ha, if she is Latina the brother thing is understandable

Plus, the guy is still a stranger, I am guessing no gf's were available so bro had to tag along

Hey, OP, she's lovely I say call and if no answer then don't leave a message. Forget it

lol well the bro inadvertently c-blocked him.

Richard Pryor

Reaction score
"Girl of my dreams" was just the best thing I could come up with given my limited English.

Regarding a pic of me, don't feel comfortable posting it. I could say, though, that I'm tall, white, green eyes and in good shape. Better looking than most guys, though not better looking than her ex.

Regarding me having personal issues/inept with relationships, I never said I didn't have them. I do have issues & am not quite the Don Juan I'd like to be. Hence, me asking advice in an internet forum.

Yes, she's Latina, and the brother thing wasn't a big deal. It's how things are done here.

lilmann40

Reaction score
LMAO, once the pic comes, so does the comedy lol.

But my advice, just go for it if she is indeed the girl of your dreams as you say. You don't wanna regret anything ya know?! Worst thing that happens is get with her once and she chops your balls off.

But seriously, it seems like you "bump" into her quite a bit at the gym and such...if you do pursue her, and she turns you down, that may lead to an awkward situation every once in a while. If you are ok with that, I don't see any reason whatsoever why you shouldn't go for it (her).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads