• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need help (girl of my dreams)

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Richard Pryor
I'm 31. She'll be 28 in Sept.

One thing I didn't mention is that she's leaving in August for one year to do her masters. It's just for 1 year, and she said she is definitely coming back after that. But this is something I thought I should mention.

Yeah, game over. I'm not sure what you're expecting to happen in a month.

Richard Pryor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Yeah, game over. I'm not sure what you're expecting to happen in a month.

It's about a month and a half. And seeing each other once a month is pretty doable. Actually healthy for a relationship if you ask me.

So, I guess the majority thinks I should make one last attempt.

Give her a call or send a txt?

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's about a month and a half. And seeing each other once a month is pretty doable. Actually healthy for a relationship if you ask me.

So, I guess the majority thinks I should make one last attempt.

Give her a call or send a txt?

Call her. **** this is why I hate texting. You could have avoided all this **** if you just called her because on the phone she can't hide it if she doesn't like you. Call her, ask her on a proper date, if she says anything other than "yes" she's not interested.

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dhc905
Her biological clock is ticking so loud it is probably clouding her judgement.

lol

Originally Posted by jstupple19
Based on her willingness to follow-up on the plan you made to go to the beach, I'd say that one unreturned call isn't a bad sign. I sometimes leave emails from my closest friends unanswered for days by accident/procrastination. If she's talking to you, she's still interested, I'm sure. The hard-to-get thing is fairly common these days, so I'd definitely say give her a call.

what if she's just being polite?

Richard Pryor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Call her. **** this is why I hate texting. You could have avoided all this **** if you just called her because on the phone she can't hide it if she doesn't like you. Call her, ask her on a proper date, if she says anything other than "yes" she's not interested.

Thanks. I agree.

If she doesn't answer, leave a msg? Or read between the lines?

BTW, what's up with your post count?

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Call her with a plan for something cool. Age is good, picture is good, age difference is good.

Richard Pryor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr.orange
lol

what if she's just being polite?

You have a point. And, she seems the kind of girl that is polite even if she doesn't like a guy.

That said, the smiley faces, the txt msg afterwards saying she was on her way to the beach and if I wanted to meet her there (with a smiley face). These things kind of tell me she's a little interested.

Or maybe I put too much emphasis on smiley faces in txt messages.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks. I agree. If she doesn't answer, leave a msg? Or read between the lines? BTW, what's up with your post count?
Leave a message about hanging out again. This time sans brother. she's pretty hot. I've saved her picture for when you come to your senses and take it down.

Richard Pryor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Leave a message about hanging out again. This time sans brother. she's pretty hot. I've saved her picture for when you come to your senses and take it down.

Thanks. Good to know.

rsuhandy

Reaction score
You have a point. And, she seems the kind of girl that is polite even if she doesn't like a guy.

That said, the smiley faces, the txt msg afterwards saying she was on her way to the beach and if I wanted to meet her there (with a smiley face). These things kind of tell me she's a little interested.

If she has a flirty personality then you put too much emphasis on the smiley faces etc...
If she isn't a flirty person then she is at least interested in being friends.
You'll find out for sure when she leaves if she likes you. I'll be frank and say the chances
that you guys would be in a committed relationship before she leaves is very slim.
Which means that being laid back is safer for your mental health
bigstar[1].gif

Richard Pryor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rsuhandy
If she has a flirty personality then you put too much emphasis on the smiley faces etc...
If she isn't a flirty person then she is at least interested in being friends.
You'll find out for sure when she leaves if she likes you. I'll be frank and say the chances
that you guys would be in a committed relationship before she leaves is very slim.
Which means that being laid back is safer for your mental health
bigstar[1].gif

She's not a flirty person at all.

Yeah, my intentions are not to be in a committed relationship before she leaves... but at least hook up. Once I do that, the rest is a piece of cake.

My mental health is no big deal. I can turn off the switch in a blink of an eye. Frankly, the switch was turned off after she didn't return my call. But my best friend turned it back on.

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alot of people are polite to people whom they don't necessarily like. Smiley faces can make a message seem bit more friendly and I think that you might be reading into them too much. One thing that did catch my attention was her brother tagging along...really? why would she bring her brother along unless she feels like it's going to uncomfortable between the two of you?

just my observation, don't mean to shoot you down compadre

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr.orange
Alot of people are polite to people whom they don't necessarily like. Smiley faces can make a message seem bit more friendly and I think that you might be reading into them too much. One thing that did catch my attention was her brother tagging along...really? why would she bring her brother along unless she feels like it's going to uncomfortable between the two of you? just my observation, don't mean to shoot you down compadre
Ha, if she is Latina the brother thing is understandable Plus, the guy is still a stranger, I am guessing no gf's were available so bro had to tag along Hey, OP, she's lovely I say call and if no answer then don't leave a message. Forget it

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jesus, 31 and still starting this type of thread? Is this the first woman you've met in your life? I wouldn't rule her out, but I don't know what you expect with her leaving right away. Be cool, act friendly, don't push, don't be weird, but keep her in the loop and make occasional attempts to spend time with her, in groups or alone, and if you become friends, that will probably have to be good enough. When she gets back, you can try to move things forward. However, that's a whole year away.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics