• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Froosh
Darn, just wishful thinking
smile.gif

That vest posted above by osadolor is nice, but how do you pull it off without it looking costumey?

Agreed, it a nice vest. I don't think it should be too hard to pull it off; concensus seems to be with chambray shirt and jeans or chinos, as far as most google pics go of wabash vests:

9hnymt.jpg

9h2wdu.jpg

threeLegDog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Left Eye
How long does the sale last at Barneys, hopefully I can stop by tomorrow. You guys remember the price on the denim?
Dallas North Park Barneys had a good 6' rack of RRL on sale. (First time I have seen RRL in the wild.) Picked up a ivory Henley. Table full of misc jeans as well.

BrunnerDominic

Reaction score
noob question:

i own a few pair of rrl jeans, that are all made in the U.S. now I just purchased 2 shirts - one was made in sri lanka, the other one in china - do they have manufacturing there or did I just purchased some fake stuff?

mfrege

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrunnerDominic
noob question:

i own a few pair of rrl jeans, that are all made in the U.S. now I just purchased 2 shirts - one was made in sri lanka, the other one in china - do they have manufacturing there or did I just purchased some fake stuff?

legit RRL has been (still is) made in China, Sri Lanka, Philippines, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Macau, maybe more, and, of course, America and Italy.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gumercindo
Does anyone have the slim boot cut desert/sand jeans? I'm wondering how much stretch they have (similar to the selvedge jeans?)

TIA

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ralph-Lauren-Dou...item3368cc8951

Hey guys:

So I got a picture of the tag for these sand jeans. The tag is slightly different than the tag for (it sure looks like) the same pair of jeans that's currently selling in the store (MSRP - $360). They are both slim boot cut, sand color, same size, and the lines are both ICON SEASONAL (although one tag - the one on ebay - says "ICON SEAS" and the one in the store currently selling says "ICON SSNS").

I'm guessing the one on ebay is last year's line. Anyhow, is there a risk that the measurements will be different or can I bank on the fact that it fits the same?

el duderino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gumercindo
Hey guys:

So I got a picture of the tag for these sand jeans. The tag is slightly different than the tag for (it sure looks like) the same pair of jeans that's currently selling in the store (MSRP - $360). They are both slim boot cut, sand color, same size, and the lines are both ICON SEASONAL (although one tag - the one on ebay - says "ICON SEAS" and the one in the store currently selling says "ICON SSNS").

I'm guessing the one on ebay is last year's line. Anyhow, is there a risk that the measurements will be different or can I bank on the fact that it fits the same?

There are variations of how they represent "seasonal" in abbreviations on the tag, so it's not a big deal.

They typically have a cream pair of pants each season, they had one for FW10 that went with Outlaw, so chances are they are very similar to the ones in store now.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
seriously? if the tag on the back is smaller than it usually is. it's a dead giveaway. the back pocket tag on men's jeans takes up almost the whole pocket. on womens it's like half the size. also, women's will have a paper tag on the outside waistband that men's jeans don't have.
second, jeans at the outlet will have two price tags. the original RRL price tag (on the front near the right pocket) and then the outlet's price tag (on the size tag in the waistband) that says "RALPH LAUREN." Directly underneath the logotype there's a long number. if the first number is 3, it's men's. if it's 4, it's women's.

http://jakedavis.typepad.com/jakedav...nim-jeans.html

so the above oxbloods featured on jake davis would be womens correct? it starts with #4

sorry to rehash this but was looking at a pair of jawns on ebay and wanted to verify before kopping

Opermann

Reaction score
I thought the way to tell the difference in mens/womens jeans was the number of buttons, 4 or 5.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
x-post from SW&D C&J thread. White Bucks & RRL slim bootcut

DSC01128.jpg

youse got any other fit pics of them? there aren't many shots of the slim boots floating around. actually, most pics i've ever seen of RRL are pieces just laying on the floor or hanging.

also caught some RRL on that show, greek, when i was babysitting my niece. the stuffy fratboy was wearing it.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
http://jakedavis.typepad.com/jakedav...nim-jeans.html

so the above oxbloods featured on jake davis would be womens correct? it starts with #4

sorry to rehash this but was looking at a pair of jawns on ebay and wanted to verify before kopping

I don't think those are women's. They have the really big size tag on the right rear pocket, they are size 32x30, and the cut looks like the usual men's jeans.

I think women's jeans don't have the big size tag, but rather a smaller one that is on the outside of the waistband. Also, I think the 3/4 is on the price tag, which is turned over here so you can't see it. Although the tag inside the jeans has a number on it, too... not sure which one is the number being referred to.

jimmyfingers

Reaction score
These damn officer selvedge chinos are impossible to get. I called about 10 different stores looking for them!

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a pair of the Blue Gray Officer chinos and the Faded Black Officer cords. Also got see some of the new Montana pieces? The cowichan is off the hook.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
Just picked up a pair of the Blue Gray Officer chinos and the Faded Black Officer cords. Also got see some of the new Montana pieces? The cowichan is off the hook.

nice, gonna check it out this weekend.

btw, for those in NYC, new Polo store on Prince (by the Apple Store) will be closing out its RRL section. they are reopening the space on West Broadway, and it will be dedicated to strictly RRL. i'm excited to see the new renovations of the store, the space is huge!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads