• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkachevigor

Reaction score
Spending a weekend on the beach. Simple.
29kp9ad.jpg

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
top half looks good... IMO this would have been a lot better with a pair of shoes in the brown family. The black just seems 'off' to my eye with the brown tones above. Also, those pants I'm sure are fine as a casual look, but somehow between the grey pants, black shoes, and brown SC... I'm just not getting the color palette here. I think you need to rework how you use each of these items.

Thank you! Of course you are right. This may sound like a lame excuse, but I thought the exact way as you did about the shoes when I dressed yesterday, but then I realized I had'nt worn black oxfords with anything but flannel slacks or full on suits for like... ever. I guess I just wanted to try out how it played in a really casual combo.
blush.gif

I'd say that 99% of the time when there isn't a dress code that rules my decission of clothing, I go for shoes with a brown tone. Therefore I've never really mastered the matching of black oxfords.

Edit: BTW, the pants are not grey, they're more of a pale green/brown/khaki type of colour (so, colour wise they're not too far away from the SC that has different shades of both green and brown in it).

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Finally! Someone is throwing down with Holdfast and his snarky, wisecracking, innuendo layered within tangents buried underneath elliptical references.

Let the wagering begin.

- B

fight fight fight blood blood blood...
devil.gif

odiv

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kevinsp8
Pants too long.
Got it, thanks.
Sounds like you bought some nice stuff. I think most people on here got positive comments on their outfits from their friends before ever coming here. Lurking teaches you to a certain amount, but posting your outfits is where the rubber hits the road... look forward to some pics.

QFMFT. I'll spend a day feeling pimp and then poke my nose in here or share a pic and that'll bring me right back down to Earth.
smile.gif
Criticism is good for you!

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"You did not offended me, why should i be offended about someone who can barely dress, and doesn't understand that there are more styles then just to mutch fabrics on -suits-style. I'm glad that alot of people doesn't dress like that (google is your friend for that), and understand that shape in clothing items are important. An recommendation for the next time, dont speak for others, you are only representing yourself."

You're pretty hostile, which is funny given that Holdfast's comment was rather innocent. Just cool down a little bit and continue posting.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EFV
Thank you! Of course you are right. This may sound like a lame excuse, but I thought the exact way as you did about the shoes when I dressed yesterday, but then I realized I had'nt worn black oxfords with anything but flannel slacks or full on suits for like... ever. I guess I just wanted to try out how it played in a really casual combo.
blush.gif

definitely nothing wrong with them.

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do not be afraid of pocket squares, they are your friend.
In this instance I tend to disagree. I think that the addition of a pocket square is the last thing needed. He needs to concentrate on getting basic fit and co-ordination right before adding further embellishments, otherwise he risks looking more like a caricature.
Originally Posted by koning
You did not offended me, why should i be offended about someone who can't barely dress, and doesn't understand that there are more styles then just to mutch fabrics on -suits-style. I'm glad that alot of people doesn't dress like that (google is your friend for that), and understand that shape in clothing items are just as important. An recommendation for the next time, dont speak for others, you are only representing yourself.
Harsh and unnecessary.

W.R.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by green_machine
i am a noob to the fashions but here is my try. i put on my flame marsupialant suit so fire away.

i thought this went well all together even though it doesn't sound like it would work.

shirt is orange checker banana republic slim fit
jacket is grey wool "parallax" from france (??? found it in a thrift store)
pants are kenith cole light brown
tie is haines & bonner
ps - ?? light blue
shoes - some jobber shoes
phone - metro pcs

062811211329.jpg

062811211903.jpg

062811212059.jpg

062811212416.jpg

Overall it's a nice first post. I agree with having the buttons switched out to avoid the thrifted look. Work from there. Your tie knot would not get any praise on SF; you gotta get a dimple going on. A more spread shirt collar would also be favourable, as the edge of your shirt collar is supposed to hide under your suit collar.

tshaw

Reaction score
Oh, Vox - wished you had left the Donne quote from what I read mid-night - it was excellent!! and a learning tool for some of the youngsters here.
plain.gif

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speedy is Mr. Gonzales' first name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads