• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by davesmith
always a good idea to check out the women's, i found a Hermes scarf once that i sold for $95 on the bay, i got it for $4.95!!

Great find on the Hermes scarf! I found one a while back on a clip hanger in with the placemats. Gave me achance to research fake vs. real and I was thrilled to find it was the real thing (less than $1)! I never look at the placemat section in quite the same way now.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
vQyBg.jpg

R4BD7.jpg

Salavatore Whoosy-whatznow?

XL, linen/cotton, will trade for goodies...

FACTM.jpg

From the upcoming film Swag Level Midnight: vintage, union made, *deep purple*.

Smalltimer alert:
L5icH.jpg

NCXU2.jpg

stirpot.gif

amadar

Reaction score
Haven't posted in a while because I took a little break from thrifting/stopped finding anything. However, I felt I had to post today what I found in a local shop that has historically produced DIDDLY for me. Polo 3 roll 2 Made in Italy 100% Flax Unstructured SC. 42R. My pictures don't capture the color at all, it is a gorgeous vibrant navy blue, just a perfect summer SC.
IMG_0322.jpg
IMG_0324.jpg
Right next to it: not measured but probably around a 38R.
IMG_0325.jpg
IMG_0327.jpg
And finally, right next to that, something I never would have picked up in my pre-SF days, but only picked up because it had quality written all over it. Handwork, full canvass, surgeons cuffs, beautiful flannel fabric, made in Italy......Got home and looked it up, what I found was promising
biggrin.gif
42R
IMG_0328.jpg
IMG_0329.jpg

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Left my complaining family in the car and ran into a thrift store I've never been in tonight.
5 pairs of Zanella pants and one pair of Ermenegildo Zegna pants, total price under $10.

hmmurdock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amadar
Polo 3 roll 2 Made in Italy 100% Flax Unstructured SC. 42R. My pictures don't capture the color at all, it is a gorgeous vibrant navy blue, just a perfect summer SC.

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

PM Sent on the Polo

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And finally, right next to that, something I never would have picked up in my pre-SF days, but only picked up because it had quality written all over it. Handwork, full canvass, surgeons cuffs, beautiful flannel fabric, made in Italy......Got home and looked it up, what I found was promising
biggrin.gif
IMG_0328.jpg
IMG_0329.jpg

Amazing finds, but this one if my favorite? Suit or jacket?
Originally Posted by dahl5yankees
Left my complaining family in the car and ran into a thrift store I've never been in tonight. 5 pairs of Zanella pants and one pair of Ermenegildo Zegna pants, total price under $10.
It's changed quite a bit since I've worked there. So clean and organized. It used to be a dump. SA is trying hard to be Goodwill as of late.

amadar

Reaction score
^^^Unfortunately I believe it is an orphan, however the styling lends it useful as a SC, unless I'm horribly mistaken. i looked all over for the pants, but no dice. I'll be returning every few days to see if they are put out.

Navi

Reaction score
Man my thrift finds have been total n00b status lately, but eh... I like posting things I find that I enjoy wearing, no matter how cheap they are.. Today:
warning: cheap items ahoy!
101_1295.jpg
101_1304.jpg
101_1308.jpg
101_1300.jpg
101_1302.jpg

Green v-neck that fits really well and is insanely comfy, a nice linen/cotton windbreaker type jacket with cool sleeve zippers n ****, track jacket, and a belt that matches the green shirt 100% perfectly
laugh.gif

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Navi
Man my thrift finds have been total n00b status lately, but eh... I like posting things I find that I enjoy wearing, no matter how cheap they are.. Today:
warning: cheap items ahoy!
101_1295.jpg

I'm not allowed to wear that color anymore.

frown.gif

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Polo 3 roll 2 Made in Italy 100% Flax Unstructured SC. 42R. My pictures don't capture the color at all, it is a gorgeous vibrant navy blue, just a perfect summer SC.

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

I just sold 2 pair of Polo, 100% Flax, Made in Italy trousers over in B&S. The fabric is incredible. It has the look and drape of high quality linen, but the hand is much nicer. Very soft and smooth. If that jacket is anything like those trousers you got a great coat.

Very nice finds on the other two items as well.

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Digmenow
I'm not allowed to wear that color anymore.

frown.gif

You can live vicariously through me, buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics