• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by koning
It just an black trouser button
wink.gif
, which escaped from hiding
biggrin.gif
. And i hate belts on trousers, but that's my opinion.

I think he is trying to say that your trousers are too long, too tight, need a belt, cleaning and a different fly closure. Also, tie your tie longer. Not a bad attempt, but it could (and should) be improved.

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spoozy
The Spooz is still alive...heavily fired at in the office, so long working hours and no time to focus on taking pictures for the SFers...sorry!

Been lurking a lot a here lately, just savouring on the pics. As always, hot **** you boys throwing!!

Brutally warm today:

5880479695_e75f40bd74_z.jpg

5881719776_22739f65a3_z.jpg
5881157937_294a1dd0dc_z.jpg
5881158363_a03d5c83af_z.jpg

Great look spooz! That tie looks really nice, does it have a texture? Close up?
smile.gif

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sns23
Just joined here. Nice to see other people taking pride in appearance.

IMG_2685.jpg

ronald mcdonald is that you?!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teen_Suit_Wearer
Thank you. Unfortunately, at my age it is pretty difficult to afford high quality, tailor-made clothing.
And if you're still growing, it's even more expensive. If you're like most guys, you've still got some filling out in the chest in shoulders to do. Which brings me to a related point, which might be the ill fit on the coat - are you standing straight? Your shoulders look a little rounded forward, and (especially when your coat is buttoned) makes your chest look almost concave. If you're hunched a little bit, standing straight and rolling your shoulders back some (without being "peacocky") may help some.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nothing fancy...
DSC_2722.jpg

DSC_2723.jpg

Hi Teen!

Keep your head up! Your learning more every day. I see improvement here. And as I was once a very thin teenager interested in clothes I can appreciate that you don't have access to lots of cash to fine tune fits. Nor even the budget to buy super high quality clothes in the first place.

Some things in your latest look have improved from your first two posts:
1.) Your fabrics/patterns generally work together - both in terms of texture and color.
2.) Your coat and shirt sleeves are the correct length - as is the length of the coat.

Some suggestions:

1.) Your tie should reach your belt and can slightly overlap it. This you can accomplish regardless of your budget by learning how to adjust the length when you tie it - PRACTICE! It's free.
2.) NEVER button the top or bottom button of a three button suit - only the middle one.
3.) You are going to have a very hard time finding suits off the rack that fit you until your shoulders fill out. Don't be afraid to hit the boy's departments in upper end department stores when you are looking for new items. You'll find a decent quality at a MUCH lower price than the menswear department. (I could often wear boys size 20 items until I was in my mid twenties. But now I have very wide shoulders.)
4.) Thrift stores are your friend! Remember when shopping that the MOST important thing is fit. If it doesn't fit don't buy it - no matter how much you like it. (unless all it needs is a coat sleeve or pant shortening - which is pretty quick and easy).
5.) Ties are usually abundant in thrift stores - the tie width should pretty much match the width of your coat's lapel. However, condition is EVERYTHING with ties - if they are worn, soiled, or dingy they will drag down your total look and such ties should be avoided - even if they are free.

Hope this helps! Keep it up.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nothing fancy...
DSC_2722.jpg

DSC_2723.jpg

still work to be done, but you are definitely making large improvements. i look forward to seeing you progress continually

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

robasaurus

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who commented on my previous fits. I'm glad you all enjoyed, or were at least shocked by, my GTH pants and checkerboard Vans. And Spoo, the bracelet isn't huge - my wrists are quite small. The beads are tiny, hand-carved skulls made of yak bone. Admit it: you want one for yourself!

Originally Posted by Gdot
LOVE the checkered Vans! I had a pair of those back in the 1980s when they were all the rage! Wore them to shreds! Seeing them here makes me smile!

Your looks ROCK - their cheeky, current, irreverent and yet - almost proper all at the same time.

Ha, thanks - that's pretty much what I'm going for.

Originally Posted by Gaius Marius
As others have said, this looks great. The clothes are a good fit on you and give good line to your body. Any chance you could share who makes the jacket?

All of my tailoring (with the exception of the navy blazer I posted) is Samuelsohn MTM.

And now more crappy iPhone photos from today:

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wish to extend a personal vote of thanks to kevinsp8 and koning, for diverting attention away from my own somewhat eccentric choices today. I thought I would be the one excoriated for a slightly dodgy pose in tight trousers and for wearing garish bright blue, but instead I've slipped under the radar thanks to koning's even dodgier pose in far tighter trousers and kevin's even vaster expanse of garish bright blue. Gentlemen, I appreciate the sense of solidarity and self-sacrifice you have demonstrated.
biggrin.gif

odiv

Reaction score
Thank you. Unfortunately, at my age it is pretty difficult to afford high quality, tailor-made clothing.

Fit trumps everything else. Check around at thrift stores or garage sales if only to see what fits best on you.

odiv

Reaction score
Today:

2011-06-28_1-e1309309013943.jpg

Really noticing the weight I gained while on vacation here. iPhone pic this time, but it doesn't look that bad. Wish all of my shoes got in the shot and my pants didn't look quite so messed up, but you can't have everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads