• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr chorizo
do you really buy that those were worn only 4 times? seems like a lot of crease action of such few wears...
shell can crease really fast, and not look a whole lot different between wears 5 and 50. it's the soles and heels that are tell tail signs

marg

Reaction score
my whiskey lwbs have been worn 12-15 times, and they are neither creased that much nor have nearly that much wear on the bottom. And I weigh 245.

HorseHide

Reaction score
Originally Posted by marg
my whiskey lwbs have been worn 12-15 times, and they are neither creased that much nor have nearly that much wear on the bottom. And I weigh 245.

There are a number of different lessons imbedded here...

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how one wears their shoes is different from everyone else. one "wear" for me is walking 1.5 miles a day on nyc concrete. someone else may wear their shoes from the garage to their office and back and that is considered 1 time worn.

marg

Reaction score
i walk across my corporate campus throughout the day (very large - the size of a university campus) and then follow that up with walking around at school. true, people wear on their shoes differently. i don't practice long jumps in my shoes. nor am i perpetually late for public transportation.

fredmull

Reaction score
Alden/Context Roy boots.
5881813210_df73369b75.jpg
5881814036_f517f8723a.jpg

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
shell can crease really fast, and not look a whole lot different between wears 5 and 50. it's the soles and heels that are tell tail signs

There is some pretty clear wear on the heels and the toes of those shoes if you look closely. You can see, specifically, the heel bit is shinier where they've walked. On the flat pic, they've cleverly hidden it by placing the shoes on a soft fabric rather than a hardwood floor, thus obscuring the view.

marg

Reaction score
^^^sick boots!

i have no hate for people selling their used shoes online. if slightly used, say so. if worn, talk about the good qualities of the shoes and let the pics speak for themselves. no need to come up with some arbitrary number for the amount of times the shoes were worn, especially if that number doesn't coincide with the picture.

honesty good. misrepresentation bad.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, I have a brand new pair of size 10 natural chromexcel plain toe boots from Shoemart (very similar to the new LS version but on Trubalance) that are too big for me that I am selling for only $400. Foolish me waited too long to return; PM if interested. If such a post isn't kosher (I am sensitive to this as I don't want to be seen as cannabilizing Tom's business because he is a good guy), just let me know and I will delete.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Leffot should be in the running as well, I would think.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
Thank you Uncle.

Love those Ravello chukkas. Wish that form fit my foot!

nephew,
thank you

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Tom, Are you getting any suede LWB's in the near future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads