• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yah got your msg after I posted that, sorry. If I got any warnings, I don't remember, but I have been hitting the pipe more htan usual

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
You don't? Oh no I should definitely be banned, but for calling Pio a moron for bookspoiling the Game of Thrones thread in the Entertainment section? Please.

J should at least send me another message with an updated reason, like "continued trolling and disrespect" or something.

edit: Oh and, it wasn't "schtick". Mod asked that book talk be kept out of the thread, Pio immediately comes in and starts dropping spoils, I call him a moron. He acts all butthurt about it until he reads a few pages earlier and sees the error of his ways, then apologizes for spoiling, and reports me lol. Pretty cut and dry.

Hell, I even bookspoiled the thread myself, until the Mod said stop, so I stopped, rather than acting a ***** heh.

So, all I ask is please ban me from Entertainment & Culture too. Gotta keep it consistent guys.

1) Your constant characterization of me as "butthutt" is erroneous.
2) I did not report you.
3) Your characterization that I immediately set out to do something (in a thread I started) a mod asked people not to do is erroneous. I skipped a few pages, made a mistake, and apologized for it.
4) This post of yours is acting the "*****." Don't drag me into your mess.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
As you saw in my PM, the book thread or whatever had nothing to do with it, I haven't been watching that. It's the fact that I continue to get reports and complaints about your work in CE well after we warned you (and a couple others) a while back.

lurker[1].gif

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You just did, in this thread no less Pio, come on now.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
You just did, in this thread no less Pio, come on now.

That was not a "report." That was in answer to something someone asserted about you. A report is when you press the little "report" button and, well, report someone.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Not to break up the Javyn circle jerk but I have a request for the new forum: Can we please, finally, get a section sub-heading for Technology? I was going to post about the new Google + project and I have no idea where to put it.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Not to break up the Javyn circle jerk but I have a request for the new forum: Can we please, finally, get a section sub-heading for Technology? I was going to post about the new Google + project and I have no idea where to put it.

+1

Technology/Gadgets/Web would be an awesome addition.
smile.gif

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo

Originally Posted by JMRouse
+1

Technology/Gadgets/Web would be an awesome addition.
smile.gif

Put it in GC. This subforum would just be continual bumping of the "building my own PC" thread and Pio's "look how lame I am playing WoW" thread. You may as well ask for a separate forum for sports where we can bump the NFL, NHL and NBA threads.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung

Put it in GC. This subforum would just be continual bumping of the "building my own PC" thread and Pio's "look how lame I am playing WoW" thread. You may as well ask for a separate forum for sports where we can bump the NFL, NHL and NBA threads.

You'll be happy to know my prot pally is now lvl 70 and my DK has max'ed his JC.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yah got your msg after I posted that, sorry. If I got any warnings, I don't remember, but I have been hitting the pipe more htan usual

laugh.gif

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

The problem is all the gadget and technology stuff gets put in Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto and it does not really fit. If you are worried about PC building threads, an official one could be made and pinned.

Sports fits well in Entertainment and Culture.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The problem is all the gadget and technology stuff gets put in Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto and it does not really fit. If you are worried about PC building threads, an official one could be made and pinned.

Sports fits well in Entertainment and Culture.

And everything that doesn't fit somewhere else goes in GC.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im all for an electronics/technology sub-forum, but i imagine many others feel this way about other topics as well. i could see an argument at that rate for a sports or tv and movies sub-forum. there needs to be a line drawn or we will end up with way to many sub-forums.

just the meager opinion of a measly n00b.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
And everything that doesn't fit somewhere else goes in GC.

Under that reasoning, then no other sub-forums should ever be created. If a topic does not fit in what we have now, it goes under GC. If that's your stance, that's fine. I just find it kind of limiting and don't see why we can't create new sub-forums if the interest is there.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Under that reasoning, then no other sub-forums should ever be created. If a topic does not fit in what we have now, it goes under GC. If that's your stance, that's fine. I just find it kind of limiting and don't see why we can't create new sub-forums if the interest is there.

It's just overkill. The mods have to balance creating a lifestyle forum that goes beyond men's clothing and creates a community, without losing site of why the site was created in the first place. There are a bajillion tech discussion forums out there. I don't think J's goal is to be a forum of everything. We already have posters who admit they aren't here for MC or SW&D. Hell, one of them is a mod. This is all good but you do have to limit that somewhat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads