• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009

Buster

Reaction score
In your original post (before editing) you mentioned Halladay as well. Well, I have him, so the bar is high for the trade.
Regarding the risk - you are right. I would not pay $51M just to negotiate with him, but I didn't have to. That's what makes this game fun.

You have a good pitching ensemble - but too many question marks (zito, penny, lidge). Not that mine is prefect. Far from it.

Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Really... nobody half decent?

Thats funny, I would have described almost ALL my starting pitchers of being exactly "half decent".

smile.gif

I don't have any superstars, but I do have a bunch of workhorse 16 game winners with high IP, strikeouts, and relatively low ERA.

Dice-K is tempting, but to be honest, he's a risk, his arm has a LOT of mileage, and its his first year on the MLB schedule. If you are expecting a Chris Carpenter for him, I think you are gonna be waiting a while.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Buster
In your original post (before editing) you mentioned Halladay as well. Well, I have him, so the bar is high for the trade.

I was speaking more of the "caliber" of player, and not the exact players themselves. You will not get a top tier P for Dice K before the season even starts. Not even from a ***. Sorry. I noticed you had Halladay, and removed his name just to avoid confusion.

You have a good pitching ensemble - but too many question marks (zito, penny, lidge). Not that mine is prefect. Far from it.
Zito, IMO is far from a question mark. In 2006 he led the league in batters faced (945) and games started (34), 3rd in the league in innings (221), 8th in wins (16), and 10th in ERA (3.83). Oh, and he's also never missed a start. Ever. Yes, his strikeout total is falling. That happens to a lot pitchers as they get older. Luckily for Zito, he's not a power pitcher. His curveball is his moneymaker, and its still vicious. Oh, and he just moved to the NL, which means his ERA is gonna drop pretty significantly this year.
smile.gif

Buster

Reaction score
You will not get a top tier P for Dice K before the season even starts. Not even from a ***. Sorry.

Damn
frown.gif

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I'm open for a closer and a big bat.

Otherwise relatively pleased.

You won't hear me whine about selecting 10th.

surf animal

Reaction score
I recieved your guys' trade offers, and I'll be looking through my team tomorrow during work to figure out what I want need and who I'm willing to give up. (In order to whoop ass, of course)

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Zito, IMO is far from a question mark. In 2006 he led the league in batters faced (945) and games started (34), 3rd in the league in innings (221), 8th in wins (16), and 10th in ERA (3.83). Oh, and he's also never missed a start. Ever. Yes, his strikeout total is falling. That happens to a lot pitchers as they get older. Luckily for Zito, he's not a power pitcher. His curveball is his moneymaker, and its still vicious. Oh, and he just moved to the NL, which means his ERA is gonna drop pretty significantly this year.
smile.gif

I don't think people realize how hampered Zito was pitching in OAK with the DH. I think he'll far very well in SF.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As an FYI...

I'm in the market for a top-50 OF and a back up middle infielder. All reasonable offers will be considered.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I can't believe I got gheyed on my pick up request on Julio by the ******* waiver rule.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
I can't believe I got gheyed on my pick up request on Julio by the ******* waiver rule.

I jumped on the waiver wire too. The Julio trade makes my Kevin Gregg pick less appealing.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
I jumped on the waiver wire too. The Julio trade makes my Kevin Gregg pick less appealing.
Et tu Andrew? Et tu?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Et tu Andrew? Et tu?

Wasn't me, I picked up Monroe and Maine to replace Jenkins and Mulder.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Wasn't me, I picked up Monroe and Maine to replace Jenkins and Mulder.

Who was it...I can't access our teams at work.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Who was it...I can't access our teams at work.

curious smalses

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Quit yer whining dude. You picked first...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics