• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Trying to feed yourself with metal or long lacquered chopsticks is like the ultimate boss level of the eating game. Hate these things, and I'm Asian

Originally Posted by nahneun
koreans only use metal chopsticks at home
Yep, also not really that hard. Best chopsticks are the wooden ones you snap in half and need to rub the splinters off. Easy eating.

Originally Posted by reedobandito
Can we just ******* make Kreayshawn's "Gucci Gucci" the official SF theme song?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

no, though I'll admit it's a pretty funny parody song

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Don't worry about the havana babies I got that covered.

Weho passed a no smoking ordinance which will be effective in 2012 but don't worry we'll find a spot to spark up.

fistbump.gif

ZhiMingBuFanDe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nahneun
koreans only use metal chopsticks at home

i hate eating with metal chopsticks. maybe it's just me but the taste of metal in my mouth bugs the **** out of me.

dinogj

Reaction score
I bought then returned a Thom Browne suit...I thought It was all cool in the store, but at home I realized its just a normal suit sut for someone two feet shorter than me.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
Yep, also not really that hard. Best chopsticks are the wooden ones you snap in half and need to rub the splinters off. Easy eating.

Someone tried to tell me that you're not supposed to rub the splinters off because the rough surfaces make it easier for the chopsticks to grab the food.

I'm skeptical.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
You're not supposed to rub them together ever.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet

So Blade Runner was misleading me this entire time.

Damn you, Ridley Scott!

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
Someone tried to tell me that you're not supposed to rub the splinters off because the rough surfaces make it easier for the chopsticks to grab the food.

I'm skeptical.

it helps but it works fine without the splinters anyway so may as well make it more comfortable for your hands

Originally Posted by jet

at least not in front of anyone; I just do it under the table like every other Asian person does

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
it helps but it works fine without the splinters anyway so may as well make it more comfortable for your hands

I'm always more concerned about mouth splinters.

at least not in front of anyone; I just do it under the table like every other Asian person does

mwink[1].gif

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Alright I unsubscribed from ALL emails from gilt a reallll long time ago, but I've gone to the site a handful of times in the past few weeks, and each time after doing that the next day I get an email from them with the day's sales, but only that once. Interesting strategy

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
did you kop any of the baron wells stuff?

No, but that's what made me log back into the site. Was tempted to get another shirt but really can't be buying anymore stuff for the summer. Just fun stuff now, no clothes. maybe..

ice86x

Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit

I'm skeptical.

That's not the reason. Rubbing chopsticks together is considered bad table manner.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick tip for y'all. If you see wedding dresses lying around your tailor's shop, GTFO and find another tailor. I have a jacket that's been chilling at the shop for a month and is still not done because the tailor's primary business is bridal and I was too dim to realize this would happen. blargh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads