• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Digmenow
I would buy derivitives comprised of bad mortgages from you! The jacket fit is gorgeous. The trousers, while not sf slim, are quite authoritative.

As always, I lust for your cuff links.

Thank you, Dig. My trousers will never be SF slim, as my thighs will never be SF slim
frown.gif

Today's cufflinks are block onyx, inlaid with 14K white gold, set in sterling silver - a pattern which the museum described as being derived from an object in their Egyptian collection (though, to me, it looks like Jacobean strapwork - but what do I know?).

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been warned away from earth colors repeatedly but there's so little available to me and this one was much lighter in color than most other tweeds. Should I go for it or just abandon all hope for anything other than blue?

IMG_20110627_154403-1.jpg

I understand your frustration, Dig, but I don't think you're going to get good advice on that front unless you get some better pics in better light.

Under the circumstance, here's all I can offer: Harris tweeds are great in general, but that one in particular looks kind of meh. If it's on sale for a great price, and if you feel you could punch it up with the right combination of other colors, go for it. If not, better to leave it on the rack and save your money for a piece that really calls your name.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by allaboutshoes
Nice combo. Would spice it up with a pink tie and/or pocket square. The blue/blue/blue is a tad bit bland, but still very nice. Deets on shirt?

That's a good idea, will try next time. The shirt is TM Lewin.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robasaurus
More crappy iPhone photos. I think this trend may continue for a while. Sorry gents.

Home from work...

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

And now off to DJ at my favourite cocktail lounge...

IMG_0050.jpg

LOVE the checkered Vans! I had a pair of those back in the 1980s when they were all the rage! Wore them to shreds! Seeing them here makes me smile!

Your looks ROCK - their cheeky, current, irreverent and yet - almost proper all at the same time.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Being immune to advice doesn't seem like a very admirable quality, my friend. I hope that's not what you meant to say.

exactly.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
I understand your frustration, Dig, but I don't think you're going to get good advice on that front unless you get some better pics in better light.

Under the circumstance, here's all I can offer: Harris tweeds are great in general, but that one in particular looks kind of meh. If it's on sale for a great price, and if you feel you could punch it up with the right combination of other colors, go for it. If not, better to leave it on the rack and save your money for a piece that really calls your name.

Hi, I've been lurking around here for only a few weeks - today is my first day of actually posting - good to meet you.

I don't think it's a matter of 'earth tones' or not - it's a matter of 'pop' or strength of color somewhere in the entire ensemble. Your complexion and hair are fairly monochromatic and when you wear a jacket in the same or similar colors it tends to all just blend together.

I'm not in love with that beige tweed jacket on you - but it could work with a really strong tie (pick a bold color from one of the threads in the jacket), and a pocket square. Add a bolder blue trouser and you might actually find that you can make that jacket rock!

Just some thoughts from a newbie.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
IMG_20110627_154403-1.jpg

Can't really say, Dig. The pose interferes with assessment of fit, and the lighting thwarts evaluation of color. What I *can* say is that it could be good.
Originally Posted by upr_crust
Sorry, SB, for not being more spring-like, but yesterday's suit and today's just came back from the alterations tailor, having been re-fitted to the slightly smaller me.
IMGP0758470x1280.jpg
IMGP0754847x1280.jpg
IMGP0755851x1280.jpg

No apologies necessary... Today's fit, though more somber than yesterday's, is excellent and quite appropriate for the evening's agenda.
Originally Posted by gladhands
[
051.JPG
IMG]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-4Iuw1Ha6yhI/TgnFcXefXsI/AAAAAAAABH4/Wz3IPZX5J7o/s720/034.JPG[/IMG][/spoiler]

Nice colors.
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Arlene1.JPG
Arlene2.JPG
That is a BOWTIE, dammit!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by daeng
Beautiful Pants, Shoes, Belt, ... Perfect.

+1, and a kick arse jacket to boot

Originally Posted by gladhands
051.JPG

034.JPG

great look gladhands i like it a lot

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Arlene1.JPG

Arlene2.JPG

nice, very conservative business dress??? mike. but you look like you are ready to beat the living crap out of somebody

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, nice summer look, gladhands.

Gaius Marius

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robasaurus
More crappy iPhone photos. I think this trend may continue for a while. Sorry gents.

Home from work...

IMG_0047.jpg

As others have said, this looks great. The clothes are a good fit on you and give good line to your body. Any chance you could share who makes the jacket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads