• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by allaboutshoes
Love seeing that you keep trying and the criticism isn't getting to you! Here's some constructive criticism of my own:
1. Don't wear mismatched striped blazer and pants
2. Dont wear striped blazers. Period.
3. For now, you're 16 (and I aint no old man myself) so I would lose the hat
4. Would put that collar back into your jacket.
I got to say you are starting off on the right foot. Enough lurking and you'll be outdressing Spoo (ok maybe not, but still
smile.gif
)

1. Start over.
2. Get good jeans.
3. Get good shirts.
4. Save money for good shoes and jackets.
5. Report back.

A.J.V

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EFV
Wow, that belt and double monk combo looks nothing short of fantastic. C&J Lowndes?

Thanks! Actually those are Shipton&Heneage Burfords, made by Cheaney.

Btw, what size is that RL jacket that's too small for you...?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Mrshinyredplanet
Those are some beautiful shoes. I'm in love.

Me too, definitely my favourite pair off all
inlove.gif

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Terrific casual fits, AJ, but you don't look like you're enjoying your weekend.

Smile, dude!
biggrin.gif

Thanks! Sadly we lost our other dog on friday, so the weekend wasn't so enjoyable...

...But I know I should smile a bit more in pictures though
smile.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by allaboutshoes
So take a wider width, dim wit

don't be cheeky. despite the fact that thrift stores are known for carrying their shoes in different widths, i'm immune to a greenhorns advice.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kevinsp8
BTW, good on you for not getting rid of the hat despite the unanimous disapproval. Shows you've got your own sense of style and don't blindly follow the crowd. Still, it does not go with the outfit.
he's coming here for advice; don't give him bad advice (by that I mean saying it's good he's completely ignoring what everyone told him)
Originally Posted by niidawg3
the last three pages need holy water - for the most part.
nii post something dawg, freshen up this place
Originally Posted by NOBD
1. Start over. 2. Get good jeans. 3. Get good shirts. 4. Save money for good shoes and jackets. 5. Report back.
This is the good advice so listen to that.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust
Suit - Hickey-Freeman
Shirt - Lewin
Tie - Thomas Pink
Cufflinks - Saks Fifth Ave.
Shoes - Harris, via Barney's NYV

IMGP0751459x1280.jpg

IMGP0748851x1280.jpg

IMGP0749851x1280.jpg

"One eyed, one horned, flying purple people eater...sure looks good to me"

A lot of purple! But you pull it together just right. Lookin' sharp.

deandbn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Bad photo Monday. Giving a quick talk to the local business association this evening, hence the memorable red Pee Wee Herman tie.

I like your bowtie lots, both the colour and the knot Mister.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Digmenow
IMG_20110627_070849-1.jpg

Lookin' good, Dig! What's that in the background, the late '60s?

Originally Posted by kevinsp8
Glad to see some shirt sleeves. This one is a bit better fit for you, although still roomy. Does it look any good with just the middle button buttoned? Have you thought of trying a pocket square with that?

The pants do not go at all with this jacket, I'm afraid, not to mention the legs are far too wide for you. I assume the jacket was part of a suit... if you're going to wear it as an odd jacket (i.e. without the matching pants), you'll have to find some pants that are more of a contrast with the jacket.

BTW, good on you for not getting rid of the hat despite the unanimous disapproval. Shows you've got your own sense of style and don't blindly follow the crowd. Still, it does not go with the outfit.

I like the collar out like that. You've got style somewhere in there, you're a diamond in the ruff.

+1 on everything here except for the collar. I think it makes him look feminine.

Originally Posted by Teen_Suit_Wearer
And I have tried a pocket square. I would have worn one in the photo, but I thought it would look out of place since I wasn't wearing a tie.
Quite the opposite, TSW. Pocket squares are excellent for adding a pop of color and interest when one is not wearing a tie.

Originally Posted by niidawg3
the last three pages need holy water...
Or perhaps they need helpful criticism instead of useless snark.
teacha.gif

Originally Posted by fritzl
i'm immune to a greenhorns advice.
Being immune to advice doesn't seem like a very admirable quality, my friend. I hope that's not what you meant to say.

Ndure

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teen_Suit_Wearer
I'm currently wearing an Oscar De La Renta jacket...
DSC_2621_2-1.jpg

DSC_2618.jpg

You need to go to the tailor. Drop the hat. Buy a Stetson fedora hat.

daeng

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chico2007
The PS and belt I could live without, everything else is
thumbs-up.gif

That fit is dowloaded into my "fitstoemulate" folder.

Your style is gorgeous!

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sugarbutch
...I'd like to see a proper photo taken by someone standing a fair distance from you, Dig, but this one makes it look like the jacket is too short...
It's a BB 41S and I'm trapped somewhere between Short City and Regular Town. It looks a bit longer when I'm not holding my arms in front of me with my elbows pointing out (to illustrate the waist suppression), which goes directly to your first point. People quickly lose interest in the picture taking process and I keep having to resort to these mirror images.
plain.gif

IMG_20110627_070849-1.jpg

Originally Posted by A.J.V
Thanks! Sadly we lost our other dog on friday, so the weekend wasn't so enjoyable...

That is unfortunate news A.J. Our pets are so much a part of our lives yet people don't often understand how hard we're hit when we lose one. Please accept our sincere sympathies on your loss.

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Lookin' good, Dig! What's that in the background, the late '60s?
Thanks! I like to mess with Spoo's mind so I twirl up the background a bit. Meanwhile, I've asked in a couple of threads but gotten no response about the advisability of obtaining this Harris Tweed SC. I've been warned away from earth colors repeatedly but there's so little available to me and this one was much lighter in color than most other tweeds. Should I go for it or just abandon all hope for anything other than blue?

IMG_20110627_154403-1.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust
Sorry, SB, for not being more spring-like, but yesterday's suit and today's just came back from the alterations tailor, having been re-fitted to the slightly smaller me.

I am having drinks at the downtown W after work with colleagues - I thought that today's fit would be appropriate for that purpose.

Suit - BB GF Regent
Shirt - Lewin
Tie - Thomas Pink
Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art
Shoes - C & J Edgwares

IMGP0758470x1280.jpg

IMGP0754847x1280.jpg

IMGP0755851x1280.jpg

I would buy derivitives comprised of bad mortgages from you! The jacket fit is gorgeous. The trousers, while not sf slim, are quite authoritative.

As always, I lust for your cuff links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics