• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

clemente21

Reaction score
Let me run this sizing issue by people and see if anyone is in the same boat. I am in-between a small and a medium in Gitman and can't make either look great. I tried on a BoO 2 (Medium) today though and it seemed perfect. I'm a little surprised though as I thought BoO ran very very small. Has anyone else found Band to git right into the Gitman black hole?

Reaction score
That's the Gitman fit. Small shirts look great on guys around a 36" chest. Try sizing up to medium and the extra space in the back is just comical. I think one way to help remedy the fitment issues is to iron the shirts. They give a little extra room when all the wrinkles are out. The back is even roomy for a small when you straighten out the box pleat in the back.

clemente21

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 13k
That's the Gitman fit. Small shirts look great on guys around a 36" chest. Try sizing up to medium and the extra space in the back is just comical. I think one way to help remedy the fitment issues is to iron the shirts. They give a little extra room when all the wrinkles are out. The back is even roomy for a small when you straighten out the box pleat in the back.

At some point isn't this just trying to fit a round peg through a square hole?

Reaction score
Pretty much. This is one reason I feel their cuts aren't meant for everybody. You could always try medium and tailor it if the shoulders fit.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clemente21
Let me run this sizing issue by people and see if anyone is in the same boat. I am in-between a small and a medium in Gitman and can't make either look great. I tried on a BoO 2 (Medium) today though and it seemed perfect. I'm a little surprised though as I thought BoO ran very very small. Has anyone else found Band to git right into the Gitman black hole?

That was how I was, between a small and a medium in Gitman. Small was too tight, Gitman billowed. BoO M was perfect for me, which is why I had so many. No billowing at all and slim through out. BoO is very easy to find fairly cheap in B&S anyhow

ambivalence

Reaction score
is penelope reliable? they sent me a paypal invoice(international) On sunday.. i just sent them the money and yet to receive any confirmation or anything.

ambivalence

Reaction score
Alright thanks! Kinda waiting for their confirmation etc, haven heard anything from them

Psydelik

Reaction score
I scored 5 GBV shirts at a Saks outlet the other day for 150 in total. Life is good.

jaac

Reaction score
Selling/Trading both "colourways" of the OC x Gitman leopard shorts in 30 in fs.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone ever sees a shop with the navy + cream dragonflies, PM me asap

sofaking30

Reaction score
While I was washing my Gitman, I saw swiggly line on my back shoulder area. Upon further inspection, I realize it's a piece of discolored thread between the two fabrics
ffffuuuu.gif
aGEgy.jpg
EjHHq.jpg
Best course of action?

Reaction score
Haha, I've noticed this as well with one of my shirts. My white oxford when washed had a small red and a blue string inside at different spots of the sewn seams. When it dries you won't notice it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads