• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Baron Wells

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a brown cotton waxed parka from BW and it's great. Very substantial fabric, OK lining, big solid buttons

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dbear
Thanks, got the navy striped eaton shirt...will see how it is when it gets here...

After seeing your fit pic of the WvG BD shirts, I think you'll find the fit on these a bit more flattering for your size. I own two of their shirts and they fit very well, slim not tight. I also like the rounded collars. They work well untucked.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
After seeing your fit pic of the WvG BD shirts, I think you'll find the fit on these a bit more flattering for your size. I own two of their shirts and they fit very well, slim not tight. I also like the rounded collars. They work well untucked.

Did you get an M for BW?

Yea, for the WvG, I decided to size up to an L--not perfect (had to get sleeves taken in and collar a bit big), but a better fit. fyi, a few people had dibs on the M (popular size I suppose), so I had to give them first crack...

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the lengths as short as BoO? Shirts looks untuckable in the fit pics

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you get an M for BW?

Yea, for the WvG, I decided to size up to an L--not perfect (had to get sleeves taken in and collar a bit big), but a better fit. fyi, a few people had dibs on the M (popular size I suppose), so I had to give them first crack...

TTS. I am a small in most brands and wear a small in BW. I enjoy the shirts for caual wear (especially in hot weather) since they use breathable fabrics and the fit is not too slim. I really like them. I think you normally go medium right? If so, you should be good.

Originally Posted by irbe

They may be a touch longer, but the side hems don't ride as high. I can wear them tucked and untucked just the same at 5'8".

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they'll do that insane 70% off sale again? I'm gutted to have missed those burnt orange chinos from last season
facepalm.gif

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reedobandito
Does anyone know if they'll do that insane 70% off sale again? I'm gutted to have missed those burnt orange chinos from last season
facepalm.gif

Plenty of sizes still available for everything. Why not buy through Gilt and leave the worries behind?

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by babump
^I picked up the contrast pocket shirts in grey and blue with some Gilt creds I had leftover.
me too
fistbump.gif
though unfortunately I'm probably going to sell/return the navy/white one b/c I unfortunately I had to buy on my phone since I was at work and on the tiny screen I didn't realize that the pocket was striped and not solid
plain.gif
Originally Posted by irbe
TTS. I am a small in most brands and wear a small in BW. I enjoy the shirts for caual wear (especially in hot weather) since they use breathable fabrics and the fit is not too slim. I really like them. I think you normally go medium right? If so, you should be good. They may be a touch longer, but the side hems don't ride as high. I can wear them tucked and untucked just the same at 5'8".
This. The sides don't run as high, the issues people usually have with tucking BoO isn't the overall length, but the high cut sides. That said I rarely tuck my BW shirts even though I can, b/c at least for me they poof out in the back when tucked... I've been thinking of taking the shirt I have up for sale and having some fabric taken out of the back and see if that fixes it.
Originally Posted by reedobandito
facepalm.gif

They might, but even if they do I wouldn't wait for it... most of the things you want will probably be gone by the time they do that kind of sale. Also, they have discount codes for 20-30% off pretty often

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plenty of sizes still available for everything. Why not buy through Gilt and leave the worries behind?

I have like $60 in Gilt credit, and for some reason I can't work up the courage to use it. Pathetic, I know

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the rounded collar on the Eaton shirts. Nice photo tees as well.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gilt said extended delivery for this sale, but my order shipped really fast and the tracker says my chinos are getting here tomorrow. well sweet.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chinos came. Fit on the 28 is great (i'm a 28 in most brands--Epaulet, Levis) Yes, the top block is slim, but not a problem for me. Two things to note: 1. In case you are tiny and really tall, you should know the inseam varies based on size from what I can figure; I'm 5'7" and the pant legs come to a slight break on me. 2. yes, the side-seam pockets flare out a little. I...can't be bothered to worry about this. I'm rarely going to use those pockets, since the top block and thighs are tight enough that getting stuff into and out of the the pockets will rarely happen. That nitpick is just so minor.

Anyway, nice, light cotton, nice construction; I'm taking them on vacation.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the Navy Striped Eaton from Gilt.

First impressions:

- Fit is great. Nice, fitted, slim shirt.
- Nice, large, solid feeling buttons.
- Apprehensive of the club collar, but wife said it looked fine, didn't even notice. Nice to have a little variety too.
- The sides are kind of squared off with extra fabric, which makes it easier to keep tucked.

Cons:

- Fabric has a lot left to be desired.

I would contemplate getting another shirt, but maybe not @ $75. If the fabric was better, or if they made an oxford (which I think they do), I would get it at $75 easy.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the Navy Striped Eaton from Gilt.

First impressions:

- Fit is great. Nice, fitted, slim shirt.
- Nice, large, solid feeling buttons.
- Apprehensive of the club collar, but wife said it looked fine, didn't even notice. Nice to have a little variety too.
- The sides are kind of squared off with extra fabric, which makes it easier to keep tucked.

Cons:

- Fabric has a lot left to be desired.

I would contemplate getting another shirt, but maybe not @ $75. If the fabric was better, or if they made an oxford (which I think they do), I would get it at $75 easy.

The club collar isn't too pronounced compared to others I've had, but I like them for what you said, a little variety. There are enough standard collar button down shirts out there, which is why I like Baron Wells.

They use a variety of different fabrics, inlcuding oxfords. The fabric they used for this season's shirting was lightweight Japanese cotton I'm assuming for the warmer weather. It's definitely lightweight though if that's the issue you have. I was pleasantly surprised by the thicker buttons they used this season too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads