• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teen_Suit_Wearer
Hi, I'm new and here's what I'm wearing.
DSC_2600.jpg

I think this is a kid's suit. I know this because most kid's suits come in the 4x1 button configuration :p. And plus, I wear kid's suits too (I'm probably less than 5 years older than you, so I can say you're probably better dressed than anyone your age). As a fellow newb, I can only suggest you to lose your hat, lose the shirt/tie combo, and get the waist taken in on your jacket. Showing your hair and tightening your jacket will make you look a helluva lot sharper. Reverse the colors of the tie/shirt. White shirt, brown tie. That'll look better.
Originally Posted by EFV
Ok, second outfit that I post in this forum. Let me point out some of the flaws myself to spare you the time: Yes, the jacket is a bit on the short side, as goes for the sleeves. It's an old favorite RL blazer that I don't want to depart from as of yet though. The tie is a bit askew in the first pic. The khaki's could have been more well pressed and I should really change the shoelaces to a more brownish pair. Besides all of that, I'm in love with every piece of garment covering my body today, and as I understand people are interested in brands and so on: Jacket - Ralph Lauren Polo Shirt: Tommy Hilfiger Tie: Knitted wool-, mohair- and alpacca mix. Watch: Vintage Jules Jurgensen Belt: Torino Pants: Re-tailored Dockers Shoes: Carlo Mazzanti (A quite unknown Italian shoemaker) Pocket square: Unknown brand, got it from my grandmother a while back. Might have been my grandad's when he was still alive.
sy23X.jpg
vTpsi.jpg
81Jhc.jpg
MvCzS.jpg
MoLMj.jpg

Wow. Your fit and outfit combo is fantastic. I applaud you, especially with this being only your second post.
Originally Posted by blowoutxian
dsc7950dxo.jpg

Haven't seen light jeans done in a while. Nice!

wannabe

Reaction score
Alright, so here's my post. Haven't posted in a while, and haven't really gotten new clothes since then, but I'm working on it! Yes, the pants are a bit short, and the sportcoat shoulder pads are too big. Will altering the shoulder pads affect the sportcoat in any way besides sleeve length? Damn, the glare was bad this afternoon.
WAYWT62611.jpg
Navy C&T blacer. Light Blue Express shirt. Red/gold/black vintage RL Chaps tie. Silver tie bar. Light Blue pocket square. Concrete Volcom chino. Light Blue/navy argyle socks. Brown Florsheim loafer.

wannabe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
4x1 is pretty classic...
Hmm..really? A lot, if not all, of the men's DB suits I've seen are 6x2, while all the kid's DB suits I see are 4x1. I suppose this may be due to the shortness of kid's jackets, but then again, I've only been on SF for a little while.
confused.gif

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabe
Hmm..really? A lot, if not all, of the men's DB suits I've seen are 6x2, while all the kid's DB suits I see are 4x1. I suppose this may be due to the shortness of kid's jackets, but then again, I've only been on SF for a little while.
confused.gif

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=67010

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IST66
tumblr_lnfxhzrsEm1qb5a3zo1_500.jpg

Appealing color combination--just right for summer. The colorful pocket square, of which we have just a slight glimpse, adds the perfect touch.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EFV
Ok, second outfit that I post in this forum. Let me point out some of the flaws myself to spare you the time:

Yes, the jacket is a bit on the short side, as goes for the sleeves. It's an old favorite RL blazer that I don't want to depart from as of yet though...

I think it's time. It's a size or two too short in every dimension, and distracts from an otherwise well thought out look.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

deandbn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robasaurus
More crappy iPhone photos. I think this trend may continue for a while. Sorry gents.

Home from work...

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

And now off to DJ at my favourite cocktail lounge...

IMG_0050.jpg

I like your outfits Mister!! (ring & bangle are 'interestng'
plain.gif
)

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robasaurus
IMG_0047.jpg

My favourite of the weekend looks, definitely.

Tough Monday to dress for: hot & sunny in the AM, hot, humid & overcast right now, with looming rain/thunderstorms in the late PM. Opted for light linen to cope with the heat/humidity, but there's a brolly in the car... ah, the excitement of an English Summer...
wink.gif

jdNTf.jpg

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick blackberry shot:

e4n6Sl.jpg

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads