• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Management Consulting Discussion

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Redwoood
If only. In my experience with consultants of several firms and practice areas, the phenomenon of ugly square-toed shoes has been surprisingly prominent.
Sadly my experience as well.
frown.gif
We simply have to stop this evil disease once and for all. Use the National Guard if necessary to patrol low end retail operations.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Sadly my experience as well.
frown.gif

We simply have to stop this evil disease once and for all. Use the National Guard if necessary to patrol low end retail operations.

i see square toes everywhere. forget the national guard, might need to do an extermination..

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yjeezle
i see square toes everywhere. forget the national guard, might need to do an extermination..

laugh.gif
Whatever it takes!

yeungjai

Reaction score
Hi there

Does anybody have experience working with/in Accenture or Deloitte's Human Capital practice (especially in Toronto)? I'm currently an HR consultant for a major FI considering a move into the agency world but I wasn't sure how the work would actually look like and how the cultures were.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
any tips on how to excel as an entry level consultant? i'll be starting in about 2 weeks. some major DOs and DONTs during your first few weeks/months would be awesome. thanks!

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
at all times is safe. people talk. it depends on how you act when drunk.

i think one of the best things that i've done so far is to keep a brag folder (i think i read this on bnet). where i keep all the stuff that i've been praised on so far. it helps for

i'm the type of person who doens't like to eat lunch alone... i always eat with people at work. sometimes i'll ask if there's any areas i need to improve on.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yjeezle
at all times is safe. people talk. it depends on how you act when drunk.

i think one of the best things that i've done so far is to keep a brag folder (i think i read this on bnet). where i keep all the stuff that i've been praised on so far. it helps for

i'm the type of person who doens't like to eat lunch alone... i always eat with people at work. sometimes i'll ask if there's any areas i need to improve on.

what happens when your co-workers become your close friends? most of the younger guys i spoke to said that they hang out together after work and party.

austinite

Reaction score
I have some friends that work for one of the MBB and they spend the weekends doing coke together. I can't say if this is normal lol.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol! were they friends before joining MBB, or became friends after meeting at MBB?

mrhills0146

Reaction score
Keep friends and colleagues separate.

I like my colleagues, but I can't let myself get too close personally. You never know when someone will end up being your boss or when you'll end up being someone else's boss. When that happens, IMO it adds extra complication that you don't need.

To be clear, I am friendly, and I really like my boss, my colleagues, and my staff. For my staff, I'm not your buddy, I'm your boss. My boss and I have the same relationship, and it works quite well.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Though I did so in my first gig out of school (and I'm still friends with many of them) I prefer not to party with those I work directly with. And these days those from the office I party with are in different departments with little professional interaction. I've probably had a beer with my direct co-workers maybe 3 times in the past 2.5 years.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
what happens when your co-workers become your close friends? most of the younger guys i spoke to said that they hang out together after work and party.

just because you hang out together after work and party doesn't mean that you're friends. i play golf with my boss(es) around twice a month and we have dinner quite often. doesn't mean we're friends.

be fun but don't get attached

Originally Posted by mrhills0146
Keep friends and colleagues separate.

I like my colleagues, but I can't let myself get too close personally. You never know when someone will end up being your boss or when you'll end up being someone else's boss. When that happens, IMO it adds extra complication that you don't need.

To be clear, I am friendly, and I really like my boss, my colleagues, and my staff. For my staff, I'm not your buddy, I'm your boss. My boss and I have the same relationship, and it works quite well.

this.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
kk gotcha.

what else should i be aware of, as i make my transition into real-life?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads