• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Need a dope white oxford someone recommend.

Don't want bb, tb, boo or uniqlo. Good quality, no logos please and not cropped or super long.

Go.

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
il faut oublier...

i still have my nokia 5110 from 1998 sitting in my cel phone graveyard of a drawer here...repzent

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My old Nokia N75 still took better pictures than all iPhones up to and including the 3GS. Only downsides were that it was a brick and Symbian was such a slow OS (this was pre-release back when 3G was the new big thing and the camera blew a RAZR's out of the water)

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
you still didn't get back to me about the damir foulard !

ne me quittes pas ...

Oh didn't realize it was an official request, what makes you think I've access to Damir though ?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Thalys and TGV ! also, you have access to moroccans who wear the same things.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to suggest the knockoff (perfect wrapping options replication, full functionality guaranteed, trackpants not included).

I predict a big 3210 comeback in the coming years, Nokia Heritage line.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
I'm still resisting the urge to get an iPhone...
wat is point? It is a great device just get it. Full disclosure I am a bit of an apple whore--I have a couple iPhones, mbp, plus new ipad copped over the weekend.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
wat is point? It is a great device just get it. Full disclosure I am a bit of an apple whore--I have a couple iPhones, mbp, plus new ipad copped over the weekend.
Hah well I'm a whore also (currently a mpb, mac mini, macbook, ipad, username, etc)... For the longest time I really just doubted the usefulness of a smartphone. Having an iPad, though, has changed my mind ... Damn you Jobs!

jet: have you considered gitman? they are cut proportionally IME (not short like thom or stupid like boo), and the quality is great. this is assuming you want a more casual oxford, though. There are also more MC ***** like Borelli and Finamore that are cut extremely well and basically **** on the aforementioned labels. I have a Finamore wing collar tux shirt that is on a completely different level than any of the other shirts I own.

http://www.shopthefinest.com/nsearch...ar=Button+Down

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dont be a sheep and get an iPhone4 with Droid Bionic and iPhone5 looming. Would be dumb if you don't NEED a phone right now.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I forgot about gitman, still haven't tried on an M to see how it fits and looks. I don't like the plastic buttons, going to take a look at epaulet as someone kindly pointed me too I know Mike does good stuff. I'm going to wear untucked so the hemline needs to be on point.

Why is STF so cheap? I do like finamore but not sure if the neck/chest are in correct ratio for me based on the specs.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The buttons don't really bother me with Gitman, but yeah it is kind of a 'lame' aspect of the shirt. Stitching is incredibly well done however. Re: STP; I'm not sure where he gets his stuff, but I have a few formal shirts from there and they are excellent, no factory seconds bullshit etc. Some of the measurements seem weird to me, I think they do it different than how we measure. My Finamore is Dior slim, FWIW, and tapers pretty aggressively. Might get a tux there soon since the flood pwnd my Viktor and Rolf tux
ffffuuuu.gif
edit: IIRC, the STP guy can do appointments if you want to check stuff out in person. I'm pretty sure it's in LA.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Good look on STP shirt prices are dirt cheap compared to what we pay for ****, will cop for work steez.

I think I will just do gitman since I don't like the hem of epaulet plus lack of button down collar. I'll need to get some supa pearly ass thick buttons (not borrelli thick) and swap them out. Sorry to hear about the flood
frown.gif
(btw where was this?)

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Minot, ND. It has been raptured. Had some stuff in storage. Oh well. I still have my house unlike a large number of people, most of whom do not have flood insurance.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jet Gitman buttons are ******* whack as **** on the white oxford. They're an awful, weird yellow plastic ****, otherwise pretty good. PM me I got a bunch of spare, awesome thick MoP buttons from MJK if you want to switch them out.

Thom Browne oxford is great, man, especially the one with the light blue grosgrain placket. Take off the tag and get that shortened, best white oxford ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads