• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of industry ****, what is going on with Gibo and losing their contracts? First V&R, now MJ Collection. Haven't seen Chalayan in a while so I don't know about that... Are they just too expensive/slow/small? Bummer because the quality slide is apparent.
frown.gif

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whodini - the reason is always "strategy." that's how u justify **** that doesn't make short term financial sense. if 2 million a year or some **** in capital leases doesn't discourage you i don't know what will.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
Speaking of industry ****, what is going on with Gibo and losing their contracts? First V&R, now MJ Collection. Haven't seen Chalayan in a while so I don't know about that...

Are they just too expensive/slow/small? Bummer because the quality slide is apparent.
frown.gif

blah Marc Jacobs mens mainline actually looked sort of interesting for S/S 12. Can't say the same for V&R though.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
whodini - the reason is always "strategy." that's how u justify **** that doesn't make short term financial sense. if 2 million a year or some **** in capital leases doesn't discourage you i don't know what will.
I just thought the "strategy" would have happened like... three years ago? when premium denim was already on a downswing. But maybe they're getting advice from Nokia's people. Makes sense. Wonder how APC's shop is doing.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Why is Nudies opening up a Melrose flagship considering the economy, saturated denim market, their already-healthy distribution throughout LA, etc. ?

They seem to be repositioning themselves as a fashion company, but much more accessible than Acne, Filippa K., etc... In other words, douche-easy, sort of like an upscale Lucky. I could see it working.

They have enough distribution that even my BJJ trainer wants a pair, and LA will always have a large audience for conspicuously branded, easy to wear clothing at high, but not too high, prices.

And self stores give companies a way to control their brand image.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's pretty hard not to look good playing in a jazz band. Saw a band last night, ill fitting suits all around. Didn't matter once they started jamming.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
They seem to be repositioning themselves as a fashion company, but much more accessible than Acne, Filippa K., etc... In other words, douche-easy, sort of like an upscale Lucky. I could see it working. They have enough distribution that even my BJJ trainer wants a pair, and LA will always have a large audience for conspicuously branded, easy to wear clothing at high, but not too high, prices. And self stores give companies a way to control their brand image.
The only times I ever got compliments from women on my denim were when I was wearing a pair of Nudies.
confused.gif
frown.gif

Louis Toadvine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
I saw a homeless guy in nudies last week.
The ultimate denim purist recipe, living on the streets for 6 months before first wash.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I've seen them twice in the wild (in Philly), not including looking down while wearing them. Re: Man of Moods, I really like my silk/tensile/cotton u-neck. Really wanted the half-sleeve in red when Blue Owl was selling off back stock, but someone barely beat me to it.
plain.gif
I almost never wear white clothing. It stays white for maybe three wears on me.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ffffuuuu.gif
barneys had a pair of n&f x big john in my size but I had to wait to get paid this week to have the $, now they're gone. mom offered to front me the money but I felt bad so I waited. oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads