• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
While your tuxedo footwear are nice, Spoo, they aren't bal boots.

Yeah, I know. Just figured Id spice it up a bit. BTW - those only temporarily mine... currently FS.
smile.gif

Redwoood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Yeah, I know. Just figured Id spice it up a bit. BTW - those only temporarily mine... currently FS.
smile.gif

Don't want to crap on your fs item, but I'm trying to come up with an occasion to which to wear these... still drawing blanks.
I guess the uppers are extremely weather-resistant, so they would work as a bad-weather boot?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Redwoood
Don't want to crap on your fs item, but I'm trying to come up with an occasion to which to wear these... still drawing blanks.
I guess the uppers are extremely weather-resistant, so they would work as a bad-weather boot?

Dude, I have no idea. They are cool in an extremely S&M kind of way. Maybe a bondage ball in the middle of winter?

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if one needs to speak Parseltongue to wear those boots? All joking aside, they are impressive. More power to those who can pull them off!

emptym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Panzeraxe II
Sweet Sargents
Thank you.
Originally Posted by Marcellionheart
Excellent, thank you! I'm thinking punch toe, no medallion, black or dark brown calf, dainite sole for mine. I'm hoping they do do it to exclusive standards as I was quoted around £400 as opposed to £650 for hand grades. It'll probably be a bit more since it's a boot, but I'm hoping to cobble together enough to order it for this fall or winter.
I'd like something very similar. Dark brown calf or cordovan (if I can persuade Chay), punched cap, no medallion, dainite sole, extra-wide or bellows tongue, and about two inches taller than this one -- rain sometimes slips in between the boots and my rain pants.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm making up some bal boots with dark brown calf on the bottom and suede on top. I already specified that I would like the metal rings behind the eyeholes so they are not visible.

Should I opt for speedhooks? I have no past experience with hook-free boots.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Depends on the look you want. I personally feel that speed hooks are too casual for balmoral boots. I get hidden eyelets.

emptym

Reaction score
I'd get them w/o hooks. But I usually only lace up the first six holes and leave the top two undone. Makes it just about as easy on/off as a chukka.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have not seen Balmoral boots from CJ ever, so guess they have to be MTO then..., or made for someone else.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads