• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash
Thanks a lot Scott, how are prices at all these places?

Supposed to say souen. And they're all affordable, momofuku is the highest end.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gettoasty
how quick does inventory usually deliver? if i order saturday can i expect it to arrive ... monday/tuesday? i thought i remember reading that they are very quick

Insanely quick, so yeah you can expect it mon/tue.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anyone have any short observations/tips on Man of Moods and if it's good clothing...quality, design, construction, price points. the sizing is so fucked up on blue owl. a size 1 (small) hoodie saying a 38" chest and 16.23" shoulders is weird for a MIJ label imo.

edit; being they've been on the site, on sale, for like a year+ probably isnt a good sign based on experience.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
Supposed to say souen. And they're all affordable, momofuku is the highest end.
yo TGI fridays in penn station costs more than a lot of the places scott mentioned.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
Originally Posted by bentobox250
Canada Post is killing me right now. In kop limbo for a bunch of stuff, want to buy **** but want to see how my other purchases work out first
ffffuuuu.gif

God damnit NDP.

+
ffffuuuu.gif

So, I need to get something to teh Canada quick. I just looked up UPS/Fedex/DHL rates and it'd cost me at least €140 from Belgium, WTF **** is insane.

Anyone got any other ideas ?

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
yo TGI fridays in penn station costs more than a lot of the places scott mentioned.

Oh hell yea, sounds great then. Just double checking, it's just me and a couple friends, we're not trying to ball out or anything, just hanging out.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sipang
So, I need to get something to teh Canada quick. I just looked up UPS/Fedex/DHL rates and it'd cost me at least €140 from Belgium, WTF **** is insane.

Lol, that's all the companies there are?

ice86x

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash
Hate those date bubbles.

On another note.....going to NYC in a couple weeks.....surprisingly I've been to a lot of different countries but never to NYC. Staying in East Village with a friend......anything in particular I should check out (non-fashion related)? Also looking for some good electronic music venues if anybody would like to throw out some suggestions. Venues more true to the music, not 'poppy' super vocal, hip hop remixed ****.

artichoke is basically a hole in the wall and you'll probably have to wait 30 min to get your pizza but it'll be the best pizza you ever had.

also, indian food in the east village is a must. my favorite place is banjara

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mamoun's for that late nite felafel jawn. tacobell pizza hutt 4 dat fourthmeal.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
tacobell pizza hutt
Pics or it didn't happen

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ice86x
artichoke is basically a hole in the wall and you'll probably have to wait 30 min to get your pizza but it'll be the best pizza you ever had.

also, indian food in the east village is a must. my favorite place is banjara

My buddy actually mentioned going to an Indian place....will check out Banjara! and yes, I do believe I'm going to check out Artichoke. Really want a good sushi place as well (again though nothing super expensive).

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

all intl shipping is **** now. I just paid $65 to ship something to France. like 2x what it was last year it seems.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
does anyone have any short observations/tips on Man of Moods and if it's good clothing...quality, design, construction, price points. the sizing is so fucked up on blue owl. a size 1 (small) hoodie saying a 38" chest and 16.23" shoulders is weird for a MIJ label imo.

edit; being they've been on the site, on sale, for like a year+ probably isnt a good sign based on experience.

BB1 has a few things from mofm. Probably should
pm him!

human mules? Pigeons? I guess it depends on the size of the package.
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads