• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
stop hating on my glasses
frown.gif

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
What do you think of the 'seconds' stuff, notwithit? Does it feel to be anything better than AA, while putting aside the fact its 'geller', 'made in japan', etc?

fit looks good. the blue color looks fun and good for vacation, the pool, beatin around casual, etc. I'd seen it online so glad to see it more naturally now..

He and I have actually been exchanging PM's about this. I got one of the tees and love the fit and look of the shirt. I'm underwhelmed by the fabric, though. It feels a bit flimsy without having that unbelievable softness you might expect from pricier basics. Then again, I've set the bar high in that regard because the Odyn Vovk Cure tee remains one of the more luxurious pieces of clothing I've ever held. Now that's one of those items that you touch and you instantly know where that extra money went. I'm not confident the Seconds tee is going to withstand too many washes. YMMV, though.

I'm keeping the shirt, but because I like the fit and didn't pay anywhere near retail for it. So Seconds seems like the sort of stuff you should grab only if you can pluck pieces from the sales rack.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
He and I have actually been exchanging PM's about this. I got one of the tees and love the fit and look of the shirt. I'm underwhelmed by the fabric, though. It feels a bit flimsy without having that unbelievable softness you might expect from pricier basics. Then again, I've set the bar high in that regard because the Odyn Vovk Cure tee remains one of the more luxurious pieces of clothing I've ever held. Now that's one of those items that you touch and you instantly know where that extra money went. I'm not confident the Seconds tee is going to withstand too many washes. YMMV, though.

I'm keeping the shirt, but because I like the fit and didn't pay anywhere near retail for it. So Seconds seems like the sort of stuff you should grab only if you can pluck pieces from the sales rack.

Thanks for the add'l info APK. Most of it is pretty picked over, but I was going to experiment and get the 'mint' colored tank or tee (which is a color I never thought I would try wearing, but I digress...). I'm going to have to go looking for one of those cure tees now
devil.gif

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by driveslowk
fj59hl.jpg

Ytk0Ol.jpg
scott's rooftop
nYfwhl.jpg

i read that zoe kravitz lives in williamsburg and its the hipster capital of the world atm. this true scott??
Originally Posted by Lane
fYIDE.jpg

yes, I realize I look like a ******.

Originally Posted by Lane
stop hating on my glasses
frown.gif

i was going to say something about the glasses, but i wont
laugh.gif
i think a simple scrunching up of the tee would improve this fit. boots are dope, flowy cardigan is dope. im looking for some sunglasses too. you should get some illesteva's for that full on outta this world look!! Odyn Vovk tees are soft but i much prefer my silent tees. maybe bc ive got it in an xs and its not as flowy as the silent tees
redface.gif
...dunno. the fabric doesnt seem to be too flowy/drapey anyways

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slack tide, what does slack tide mean?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Slack tide, what does slack tide mean?
It's a period in tidal regions where it is perfectly between tides and there is no significant flow of water in or out. No real significance to me, just always liked the two words. (side note: most fishermen would know fishing a slack tide is often the worst time and least productive)..

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I could have looked that up... Doodtij in Dutch (dead tide).

Now Snowmanxl? Snowman XL? Big snowman?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I'm still laughing at those serengetis.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
He deals cocaine for swag money.
laugh.gif
teacha.gif
real answer is not as interesting im afraid
redface.gif
i used to listen to young jeezy(whose nickname is snowman for the very reason mac stated) heavy back in the day and my friends would call me snowman to mock me
musicboohoo[1].gif
. now i use it for most of my alias' and put xl just because.. ..plus i does it big
laugh.gif
side note: looks like young is back btw, new verse on the killer mike song is dope!!

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
What do you think of the 'seconds' stuff, notwithit? Does it feel to be anything better than AA, while putting aside the fact its 'geller', 'made in japan', etc?

fit looks good. the blue color looks fun and good for vacation, the pool, beatin around casual, etc. I'd seen it online so glad to see it more naturally now..

Thanks for the add'l info APK. Most of it is pretty picked over, but I was going to experiment and get the 'mint' colored tank or tee (which is a color I never thought I would try wearing, but I digress...). I'm going to have to go looking for one of those cure tees now
devil.gif

In a way, I wouldn't compare the two. The 2nds tanks that I picked up actually have construction details to them, like multiple layers, asymmetrical hems, &c., whereas AA tanks are...AA tanks, and just about as straightforward as you can get. The cotton is soft, but like APK said, it feels very flimsy where it's not double-layered.

Here's the real catch: it's not double-layered in the backs of those tanks. I bought both the sky blue and the mint, and while the sky blue is dark enough that it's not translucent in the back, the mint seems really, really sheer. I'll try to throw it on and snap a pic later today, but I'm probably returning it.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm headed to my brother's to brew a black IPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads