• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E-cigarettes?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Does anyone here use them?

My parents both started using them a while ago, and sold me on them. I got mine a couple days ago and love them. It is 90% of the oral satisfaction (no joke plz) from smoking cigarettes, but there is no smell, and no disgusting gritty film in your mouth at the end of the day. I haven't completely switched over yet, as I smoke a cigarette first thing in the AM and last thing in the PM, but I don't even take cigarettes to work with me anymore, just one of my batteries and an atomizer.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i had one. israeli sold it to me in a mall kiosk. the feel is very true to smoking except i found it to be heavy in my hand. couldnt quite casually hold it like a reg smokeyrette. either way i quit 3 months ago. good luck kyle.

Patrick James

Reaction score
I was looking to get one of these for my Dad for father's day. Kwil, can you give me some info pertaining to how one goes about getting an e-cigarette and whether or not you're required to see a doctor prior to use. Thanks.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
i had one. israeli sold it to me in a mall kiosk. the feel is very true to smoking except i found it to be heavy in my hand. couldnt quite casually hold it like a reg smokeyrette. either way i quit 3 months ago. good luck kyle.
Oh I don't plan on using mine to quit. I just want to stop smelling like smoke and coughing.
Originally Posted by Shoreman
I was looking to get one of these for my Dad for father's day. Kwil, can you give me some info pertaining to how one goes about getting an e-cigarette and whether or not you're required to see a doctor prior to use. Thanks.
There are hundreds, if not thousands, of websites you can buy from. You aren't required to see a doctor prior to use. It's just nicotine delivered in the form of water vapor. My family and I all vape on the V2Cigs (v2cigs.com) and like it a lot. There is an e-cigarette forum you can google for that basically has an encyclopedic knowledge of everything that is e-cigarette. If you decide to order from V2, send me a pm and I'll give you the 15% off discount code I got for signing up. Here's a link to E-cigarette forum's 6 part intro to everything e-cig. The six part series is all stickied at the top. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did not like them. None of the satisfying feeling of a lung full of smoke. If I'm going to poison myself it'll be with the real thing. If I don't want to smell like it I just won't do it.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
Did not like them. None of the satisfying feeling of a lung full of smoke. If I'm going to poison myself it'll be with the real thing. If I don't want to smell like it I just won't do it.

+1

Didn't get nearly the same buzzzzz either.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
+1

Didn't get nearly the same buzzzzz either.

Do you actually get a buzz from cigarettes? Are you like 13? I haven't had a buzz since I started smoking.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Do you actually get a buzz from cigarettes? Are you like 13? I haven't had a buzz since I started smoking.

Yeah. I only have a smoke like once a month so it still hits me.
laugh.gif

bijox

Reaction score
oh man, i can tell you alot about these things. they completely saved me off cigs.. was a pack a day smoker (marlbro lights). i started with the crappy mall onces but then after finding out ECF (a ecig forum - google that ****) i got into the mods and all that good stuff. i can highly recommend you get the "Joye Ego" or the newer version of that. Janty or Joye. Janty is the same thing, just slightly more expensive. You get the PV (which is your ecig) and you use either a drip tip, prefilled cartridges, or make your own carts. Go with a drip tip. Just 2-3 drops from your juice of choice and you're good.

Juice is a another story. For juice I and everyone else on the ECF forums will recommend Backwoods Brew juices. (backwoodsbrew . net). Best sellection of flavors, especially tabacco flavors to mimic that true smokey flavor. my go-to juice flavor was cappucino or caramel cappucino. you get your juices in 16, 12, 6, or 0mg of nicotine. most peeps smoking marlboro reds will choose the higher nic mg options.

so basically you just need the PV, juice and an atomizer. you can get atomizers and other accessories all over the place but I recommend 2 vendors: litecigusa and cignot. they both carry the 510 / ego kits i'm talking about.

after weening down to 0mg for a few months i finally gave up ecigs, and now i only use snus (nicotine filled tabbaco in a small packet that you shove under your lip - not as gross as chew/dip)

let me know if you have any more questions. you can find all the answers and more on ECF (e-cigarette-forum.com). lively community like ours here on SF, but instead of WAYWT threads you'll see "what juice are you vaping today"...etc

Patrick James

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bijox
oh man, i can tell you alot about these things. they completely saved me off cigs.. was a pack a day smoker (marlbro lights). i started with the crappy mall onces but then after finding out ECF (a ecig forum - google that ****) i got into the mods and all that good stuff. i can highly recommend you get the "Joye Ego" or the newer version of that. Janty or Joye. Janty is the same thing, just slightly more expensive. You get the PV (which is your ecig) and you use either a drip tip, prefilled cartridges, or make your own carts. Go with a drip tip. Just 2-3 drops from your juice of choice and you're good.

Juice is a another story. For juice I and everyone else on the ECF forums will recommend Backwoods Brew juices. (backwoodsbrew . net). Best sellection of flavors, especially tabacco flavors to mimic that true smokey flavor. my go-to juice flavor was cappucino or caramel cappucino. you get your juices in 16, 12, 6, or 0mg of nicotine. most peeps smoking marlboro reds will choose the higher nic mg options.

so basically you just need the PV, juice and an atomizer. you can get atomizers and other accessories all over the place but I recommend 2 vendors: litecigusa and cignot. they both carry the 510 / ego kits i'm talking about.

after weening down to 0mg for a few months i finally gave up ecigs, and now i only use snus (nicotine filled tabbaco in a small packet that you shove under your lip - not as gross as chew/dip)

let me know if you have any more questions. you can find all the answers and more on ECF (e-cigarette-forum.com). lively community like ours here on SF, but instead of WAYWT threads you'll see "what juice are you vaping today"...etc

Yes. Solid post.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I switched to e-cigs a few months ago... You just bought the wrong kind and are using the wrong e-juice. I use the eGo-T from cignot.com paired with Low Resistance atomizers. The LR atomizers taste better and give a nice amount of vapor and throat hit. I have the 1000mAh batteries and one lasts me a few days of a lot of vaping. It's nice not to have to worry about charging it up, although it's a bit large, especially compared to a cigarette. My favorite juice is their Other PG "Red Bull" recently renamed Energy Cow in 26mg. I just ordered 8 20ml bottles to last me at least a few months. It has a great throat hit and really feels like your breathing in something. It gives me a good buzz and I can finally breathe better. As a wind player, this is a big deal. I also am not getting sick as much. For all those who say e-cigs suck, you're just using a ****** system with the wrong liquid. It takes a lot of trial and error with the juices, but once you find something you like, it'll be tough to go back to smoking analogs. They start tasting like **** too. I've found that tobacco flavored juices don't work for me. For my taste buds, they don't taste like a cigarette at all and the flavor gets really annoying after time. Candy flavored juices are too sweet for me. Beverage flavored juices seem to be the best. I tried a Dr. Pepper and a Vanilla Coke in addition to Red Bull. They taste really close to the real thing. I don't mind the cost for buying a ton of liquid to start out though. In the long run, it's a lot cheaper than smoking analogs... Although the FDA is going to regulate them as tobacco products eventually and I'm sure there will be a sin tax added to the juices something in the next few years. Also, when I first started vaping, I didn't care about smoking cigs here and there. Every cigarette I skipped and vaped instead was a step in the right direction. I was in no rush to quit fully, since I liked to smoke, but eventually I just stopped and I physically feel great because of it.
Originally Posted by bijox
oh man, i can tell you alot about these things. they completely saved me off cigs.. was a pack a day smoker (marlbro lights). i started with the crappy mall onces but then after finding out ECF (a ecig forum - google that ****) i got into the mods and all that good stuff. i can highly recommend you get the "Joye Ego" or the newer version of that. Janty or Joye. Janty is the same thing, just slightly more expensive. You get the PV (which is your ecig) and you use either a drip tip, prefilled cartridges, or make your own carts. Go with a drip tip. Just 2-3 drops from your juice of choice and you're good. Juice is a another story. For juice I and everyone else on the ECF forums will recommend Backwoods Brew juices. (backwoodsbrew . net). Best sellection of flavors, especially tabacco flavors to mimic that true smokey flavor. my go-to juice flavor was cappucino or caramel cappucino. you get your juices in 16, 12, 6, or 0mg of nicotine. most peeps smoking marlboro reds will choose the higher nic mg options. so basically you just need the PV, juice and an atomizer. you can get atomizers and other accessories all over the place but I recommend 2 vendors: litecigusa and cignot. they both carry the 510 / ego kits i'm talking about. after weening down to 0mg for a few months i finally gave up ecigs, and now i only use snus (nicotine filled tabbaco in a small packet that you shove under your lip - not as gross as chew/dip) let me know if you have any more questions. you can find all the answers and more on ECF (e-cigarette-forum.com). lively community like ours here on SF, but instead of WAYWT threads you'll see "what juice are you vaping today"...etc
+1000000 ECF is a great place to learn more. I couldn't get off the cigs with anything less than ~25mg. I have some lower level juices, but it just doesn't cut it for me. The great thing about my eGo-T is that the battery works for a 510 atomizer. I bought 4 attys and paired them up with drip tips. I still prefer the eGo-T though. Dripping into the atomizer three drops before every vape session can get old fast.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So you only smoke to smell bad, yellow your teeth and fingers, and to get cancer? Awesome.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
So you only smoke to smell bad, yellow your teeth and fingers, and to get cancer? Awesome.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Well, e-cigarettes kind of take care of those problems...

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, e-cigarettes kind of take care of those problems...

Why don't you quit entirely if you don't get a buzz, or even look "cool" anymore. Don't get it... Oh ya, the oral fixation...
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads