• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

chiggah

Reaction score
I'm after some boots. Looking at CP training boot but if anyone have suggestions that'd be great..

Budget $500 ish

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eckblk
I don't anything- the baby calf on your Guidi's will look great some wear IMO-
Oh yeah for sure, I look forward to the 'wear' showing.......I just don't want anything negative to happen to the leather though and cut its life short. Think I'll be ok?
Originally Posted by chiggah
I'm after some boots. Looking at CP training boot but if anyone have suggestions that'd be great.. Budget $500 ish
I've had a ton of CPs......don't do that ****. If you want BOOTS, that's definitely not the way to go. I'd say used Guidi is going to be your best bet in that range. You're going to have to be patient though and wait for your size to pop up.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neither one of those are worth that price, seriously.

Eh.....gitman shirts and chinos are NOT going to rock 'rugged' boots at all man. That's just not a compatible look...something like that is going to vibe better with chukkas, sneakers, brogued boots, suede derbies.....all that stuff, a 'softer' look per say.

Oh the other hand, a pair of black guidis, your APCs, a white v neck and that TOJ would look dope as hell.

EDIT-Erk those aren't worth retail. On 50% sale, yeah, good choice.

Reaction score
I'm after some boots. Looking at CP training boot but if anyone have suggestions that'd be great.. Budget $500 ish
7PpRB.jpg
dsc02990g.jpg
745.jpg
http://www.barneys.com/Eternity-Work...efault,pd.html http://www.barneys.com/745-Workboot/...efault,pd.html
thanks for the tips man!! i was looking at these 2 but they dont have that solid appeal look. Will Guidi be suitable with my outfit tho ? I usually wear gitman shirts and chino and APC PS, but will be getting TOJ minimalist DR and bomber
After seeing this, I'd suggest the Ricard boots from Paul Smith.

chiggah

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash
Neither one of those are worth that price, seriously.

Eh.....gitman shirts and chinos are NOT going to rock 'rugged' boots at all man. That's just not a compatible look...something like that is going to vibe better with chukkas, sneakers, brogued boots, suede derbies.....all that stuff, a 'softer' look per say.

Oh the other hand, a pair of black guidis, your APCs, a white v neck and that TOJ would look dope as hell.

Thanks bro

Will have a hunt for a pair of Guidi's but quick question - What size should I be looking at for Guidis? For a guide, I wear Clarks DB in UK 9 US 9.5, could go to UK 8/US 8.5 but very fitted. Sperry in UK8 / US 9.

No chino's YET (deciding) but that toj apc vneck outfit sounds baller as

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you guys are going the F&B route, please check out the basic buttero workout- It's solid with fantastic shape/design. OR scour SZ's b&s for some ridiculous deals but, do your hw on sizing first
teacha.gif
Buttero B1011 Boot
B1011.jpg
Thanks bro Will have a hunt for a pair of Guidi's but quick question - What size should I be looking at for Guidis? For a guide, I wear Clarks DB in UK 9 US 9.5, could go to UK 8/US 8.5 but very fitted. Sperry in UK8 / US 9. No chino's YET (deciding) but that toj apc vneck outfit sounds baller as
Size up 1-2 sizes for Guidi.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big +1 to Buttero, I had a pair before and for the price the quality was AWESOME.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm thinking about buttero workboots too

chiggah

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magic1
Arknets has quite a few buttero boots that are great. They have a wide range of styles and materials, but the price is twice that of barneys....
Thanks for the site - I was wondering where can i order butteros These good choices? http://www.arknets.co.jp/modules/ark...id=128&cid=499 http://www.arknets.co.jp/modules/ark...id=128&cid=598 Do they offer international shipping? Forgive me as I am unable to understand japanese EDIT: Holy ****, their prices are marked up so high! I just had prices compared to a BoO shirt lol

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eckblk
If you guys are going the F&B route, please check out the basic buttero workout- It's solid with fantastic shape/design. OR scour SZ's b&s for some ridiculous deals but, do your hw on sizing first
teacha.gif
Buttero B1011 Boot
B1011.jpg
Size up 1-2 sizes for Guidi.

Yeah I'm probably a large US8.5 and eckblk is a small US8.5. I have two pairs of guidi that I wear regularly a size 42 combat boots and a size 43 ankleboot. Barring any size variations I can fit in both, but the combat boots are a bit of a pain to get on and also after wearing them for extended periods of time (10+ hrs) they start to hurt quite a bit. It bites into the back of my foot etc and this is with extremely thin socks. I'd recommend sizing up 1.5 in general at least and safely 2 if you are on the larger side of US8.5. I have a pair of 43.5 derbies I have yet to try on since I've been away from my normal residence. I think they'll still work, but I may have to insole. +1 to Butteros as well. I have a pair that I quite love though they get less wear these days. Mostly because I'm too cheap to vibram and I kinda want to vibram. Then again the heel is gigantic so maybe I can wear at it a bit first. They might still fit my foot the absolute best.. though my CCP sidezips are a pretty great fit with thicker socks.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm taking delivery of some Rider black cordovan balmoral boots this fall... $1000+ USD... I will post when I get them.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Hate the buttero heel.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
do not buy cp officer boot.

training boot is cool, but a sneaker - not really a "baller" boot

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads