• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ffatt
I wanted to order some Indy boots and I don't have a retailers nearby to try them out. I understand Indy boots run larger in width and length, but I am trying to get an idea of how much wider they are compared to Red Wing Classic Moc Toe Boots. My foot width is slightly bigger than D. In width E RWs, I can wear 8.5 and the length is just right and width is just right or a tad bit touchy. The size 9 length feels a bit long and width is just perfect. Would I be better off going for 9D or 9E in the Indy boots?

Any advice?

I have no familiarity with the Red Wing Classic Moc Toe Boots or how they are sized. What is your size measurement on the Brannock device?

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mcarthur
15i6u09.jpg

color 8 lhs
argyles otc

Looking sharp uncle. Love the edgetrim on the soles, it really sets them apart from the run of the mill #8 LHS.

Reaction score
i know i'm late, are these navy suede plain toe still available anywhere?
in 7E hopefully?

Alden-Navy-Suede-Plain-Toe-Blucher-1.jpg

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 925
i know i'm late, are these navy suede plain toe still available anywhere?
in 7E hopefully?

Alden-Navy-Suede-Plain-Toe-Blucher-1.jpg

Try contacting Bryson or Tom at Leather Soul, you might get lucky.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Freshly shined cordovan tassels, taken outside on the rooftop of my building Alden X Leffot Ravello Alden X Leffot Ravello on Left Ralph Lauren (by Crockett and Jones) Darlton Dark Brown on Right

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by keithp3521
Uh...is it weird that I'm in my house cooking dinner and I'm wearing my brand new wing tip high boots? By the way, these are my very first pair of Aldens. Just got them yesterday. I'm so thrilled, I about peed myself when I opened the box. And now, after wearing them for nearly 18 hours yesterday, I'm in my kitchen wearing wing tips. Any minute now, my wife is going to come in and say either, "What the hell are you doing wearing your shoes in the house?" or "Dang, honey. You look sharp. Take me now."

very nice
enjoy wearing

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTYGGG
Looking sharp uncle. Love the edgetrim on the soles, it really sets them apart from the run of the mill #8 LHS.

thank you

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alcibiades
Freshly shined cordovan tassels, taken outside on the rooftop of my building

Alden X Leffot
Ravello

Alden X Leffot Ravello on Left
Ralph Lauren (by Crockett and Jones) Darlton Dark Brown on Right

good looking tassels

trunks206

Reaction score
Great shoes on the last few pages guys! Here are a few pics of the last couple of days for me now that I have time to post... Thursday Cigar Captoe Boots
IMAG0385.jpg
Yesterday Cigar LWB
IMAG0386.jpg
Have a great weekend guys!

cimabue

Reaction score
Nice boots! The caps are classy and the short wings are my fave.

ffatt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTYGGG
What's your size on the brannock device? The Trubalance is a wide last, the general rule of thumb is to size down a half size. Some people size down a full size while other people don't have to size down at all. I'd order a couple sizes and keep the one that fits the best, then return the rest.
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
I have no familiarity with the Red Wing Classic Moc Toe Boots or how they are sized. What is your size measurement on the Brannock device?
Hello, I am not sure if this was a brannock device, but when I was at RW store. They had that automatic size calculator where you stick your foot in and it measures it for you. The machine said 9.5 in between E and D width. But, like I said I can fit in the 8.5 E and 9 E widths as I mentioned above. I did not try the D width. So, is the D width on Alden Indy's Trubalance bigger than D width in RW.

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Hello, I am not sure if this was a brannock device, but when I was at RW store. They had that automatic size calculator where you stick your foot in and it measures it for you. The machine said 9.5 in between E and D width. But, like I said I can fit in the 8.5 E and 9 E widths as I mentioned above. I did not try the D width. So, is the D width on Alden Indy's Trubalance bigger than D width in RW.
If you are a 9.5 between a D and an E on the brannock I'd order a 9D, but they are your feet. I'm unfamiliar with Red Wings so I can't compare. Like I said before if you can't physically get fitted to the Indy order multiple sizes and return the ones that don't fit. Better to have to pay return shipping, then be unhappy.

marg

Reaction score
red wings are sized longer than normal (like the trubalance), but their d width is narrow. the trubalance would be slightly wider, but only in the forefoot. i would go 1/2 size down from what you normally wear and keep the same width. the boot is supposed to have more room inside than a dress shoe, although some people size them snug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads