• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
i agree with you guys that this was a ****** draft. i'm really not sold on Irving (yes, i've been wrong before), and who the hell is Tristan Thompson?! it would be hilarious if the Cavs turned their lucky windfall into a steaming pile of bollocks i think the interesting guys in this draft are Derrick Williams, Jimmer, Kanter, and Kemba Walker. not necessarily stars in waiting, just interesting. everyone else just seems like...blah can someone show me some impressive clips of Vesely and this athleticism? because all i see is a very tall, skinny dude who really isnt all that explosive (but he's tall, so he can....alley oop dunk?). and he's really raw defensively and mentally. but he's 20 years old and i really haven't seen him play a full game, so i guess i'm keeping an open mind. i didn't know what the hell thinman was talking about so i looked it up...and i was shocked. Dallas got Rudy Fernandez for...nothing? wtf? i've heard of the rich getting richer but this is ridiculous. the Heat have no picks and no assets that they can trade. so barring some kind of stupid luck they are rolling into 2012 with the same team that lost in the Finals.
Just do a Youtube search for him and prepare to have your mind blown. He's throwing down dunks where I'm pretty sure he could bang his head on the rim. Although he's raw as hell he also seems to be good at putting the ball on the floor which is key in the NBA. Give this guy some post moves and he may be cooking with gas.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I just did and was the most unimpressive basketball player I've seen.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet

On the one hand, NBA scouts telling us his athleticism is off the charts. On the other hand, "Persian Boy" Jet.

Who to believe.....Difficult question.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Or someone with "Lord" in their sn? Perhaps should be followed with something having to do with rings?

Look at the fuckin videos the guy is not athletic do you not have eyes? Or maybe it's time for an eye exam.

The one labeled top 5 is especially laughable.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Same here. I was expecting better, given the raves. At least the videos I saw weren't so impressive, especially considering he's not going against NBA players. Gordon Hayward looks more athletic.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
remember when people where saying kobe was mimicing jordan move for move... not really fair because they just had similar games.

but Marshon Brooks this guy reaaaalllly looks like a kobe impersonator - in the sense like how tom cruise impersonators appear on prank shows... hopefully this guys legit. then again if he's legit and turns into an allstar... then the celtics look like fools.

ladies and gentlemen heeeeeaaaarrrs kobe (kind of)...

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by venessian
Same here. I was expecting better, given the raves. At least the videos I saw weren't so impressive, especially considering he's not going against NBA players. Gordon Hayward looks more athletic.

Wow. This is just pure idiocy.

Do you really think a team would pick a guy as raw as him 6th overall if he was as athletic as Gordon Hayward.

HELLO???????

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
hold the phone...4300+ poasts in this thread and finally we agree on something
lol8[1].gif
fistbump.gif

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Yeah, this guy is as athletic as Gordon Hayward. Nice scouting, SF!

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington
Wow. This is just pure idiocy.

Do you really think a team would pick a guy as raw as him 6th overall if he was as athletic as Gordon Hayward.

HELLO???????

once upon a time brent barry was explosive.

380578ee.jpg

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if you're 6'11" you are going to be able to dunk the ball. maybe even bang your head on the rim.

what i am looking for in a guy whose "athleticism is off the charts" is someone who is either lightning quick (like a young Kobe or AI), or someone who explodes off the floor like the floor was a trampoline. as an example of the second just search youtube for Blake Griffin and Shawn Kemp highlights. you'll see the difference.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you're 6'11" you are going to be able to dunk the ball. maybe even bang your head on the rim. what i am looking for in a guy whose "athleticism is off the charts" is someone who is either lightning quick (like a young Kobe or AI), or someone who explodes off the floor like the floor was a trampoline. as an example of the second just search youtube for Blake Griffin and Shawn Kemp highlights. you'll see the difference.
So basically you want him to be a guard (uhh.....) or a muscly-stocky power forward with great leaping ability as opposed to a raw, lanky 6'11 kid with great speed in the open court and amazing hops? As long as were comparing apples with oranges, I didn't consider Shaq athletic because he couldn't cross guys over like Tim Hardaway. Maybe we should call Bill Russell unathletic because he couldn't rise and slam like Dominic Wilkins could.

Reaction score
if you're 6'11" you are going to be able to dunk the ball. maybe even bang your head on the rim. what i am looking for in a guy whose "athleticism is off the charts" is someone who is either lightning quick (like a young Kobe or AI), or someone who explodes off the floor like the floor was a trampoline. as an example of the second just search youtube for Blake Griffin and Shawn Kemp highlights. you'll see the difference.
Pretty much this. When they drafted Vesley and the commentators were saying dunk contest and "Blake Griffin comparison" all while showing "highlights" all that was going through my head was WTF?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads