• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
x-post from SW&D C&J thread. White Bucks & RRL slim bootcut
DSC01128.jpg

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Your pics are making me want to spend too much money.
laugh.gif

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ffatt
Other than the Las Vegas Outlet, are there any others that have a large selection of belts? I am looking for a canvas on blue ribbon/leather type belt. For W32, if anybody has seen any or could proxy me some please let me know. Something like these

Bu8IW.jpg

P2Vy5.jpg

i had a RRL ballstic nylon surcingle type (similar to the ones you posted but it was plain red). they knot very large, so keep that in mind.

also, just fyi they size those particular belts like 's' 'm' 'l' etc. not by numbers.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by osadolor619
I don't have those but I have other slim boot cuts. If you plan to wear often, I'd size down. The waist is a little big. The thighs however.. tight.
It's love/hate with that cut. I don't get why they made the top block so much looser than the rest of the body. And they're tight enough around the thighs that it doesn't really work if you sag them.
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
i had a RRL ballstic nylon surcingle type (similar to the ones you posted but it was plain red). they knot very large, so keep that in mind.

also, just fyi they size those particular belts like 's' 'm' 'l' etc. not by numbers.

I've never been able to figure out RRL sizing. I've got three or four belts that are all just a touch too big when each time I thought I was getting the right size. I'll still take "sorta wearable" over "yeah, no way."

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think RRL has even been able to figure out RRL's sizing.

On that note, a local shop got slim bootcut raws in and I'm gonna try them on for the hell of it and see how they fit since I've only worn washed versions.

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'm like 5 months in on these jeans and I'm FINALLY starting to get some fadez.

These jeans are indestructible, though, so it's understandable.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the measurements whodini.

PSA to people in San Francisco. The Barneys there has a big sale. I saw 4 different RRL shirts there for 69 and the grayish speckled shawl collar cardigan for 97. They still had a decent amount of smalls in stock and a few mediums.

ffatt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ffatt
Other than the Las Vegas Outlet, are there any others that have a large selection of belts? I am looking for a canvas on blue ribbon/leather type belt. For W32, if anybody has seen any or could proxy me some please let me know. Something like these

Bu8IW.jpg

P2Vy5.jpg

Originally Posted by wEstSidE

Yeah, if I wear size size 32 jeans, I am guessing an M would be the best size? How have you sized on these? So, anybody seen these or similar styles that might want to proxy.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't recall how I did. i wear 34s so it must have been either L or XL?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For those in London, Liberty and Bond St. both have RRL on sale. Price is not bad by UK standard, but marsupialed by US standard. For example they had non-selvedge red officer chino reduced to 115 GBP...

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Timbaland
Thanks for the measurements whodini.

PSA to people in San Francisco. The Barneys there has a big sale. I saw 4 different RRL shirts there for 69 and the grayish speckled shawl collar cardigan for 97. They still had a decent amount of smalls in stock and a few mediums.

Speckled shawl with knit patterns all over it from Shipyard?

el duderino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Froosh
Speckled shawl with knit patterns all over it from Shipyard?

Not for that price, plus they wouldn't have something that old. Barney's is at 60% off now, so that means the retail would be around $245. The only cardi's that run that cheap are cotton sweat ones with terry loop inner. 100% sure he saw this one which is a seasonal icon piece.

tumblr_lfpm1tmJYv1qa9wgu.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads