• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Trying to back into the swing of things here on SOTD... Geranium Pour Monsieur today, Sycomore Tuesday, and Corallium Monday. Love all three.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nuit de Tubereuse today. Just the other day I mentioned that I wasn't a big fan of this one, but for some reason I felt compelled to give it another try today. It's better than I remembered. I recalled the tuberose being overpowered by the sharp peppery notes, but I'm not getting that so much this time. Still not my favorite tuberose, but not bad either. (Carnal Flower is still my favorite tuberose.)

mfrege

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xericx
went into the L'Occitane at lunch here....got a spray of the Bavx, damn that smells good. (I bought the deodorant but might buy the body wash).

The deoderant is fantastic. Quite potent for stuff with no aluminum, no parabens, and no alcohol.

kraands

Reaction score
Wearing the new YSL L'Homme Cologne and am loving it so far.

Mr_Incognito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
Lalique Encre Noire

Gucci Envy
Jaipur Boucheron

today, Malle Bigarade Concentree. I think I still prefer Declaration.

I bought Encre Noire blind based on your suggestion and would like to thank you for suggesting such a brilliant fragrance.
Now, I guess I should not delay in sampling Jaipur and Envy.

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boucheron PH. A lovely light citrus. Perfect match for today's warm climate here.

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Trying a sample of un Jardin Sur le Nil today. I thought I would like it better based on the in-store sniff. Not bad, but a little too sweet on the drydown, for my taste, to use regularly.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Premier Figuier.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Past two days:

Idole Lubin - Very nice but I went through it during the nightly sweat off. I want this one.

Diving L'Homme Sage - Holy **** I want this one even more. This will be my next split.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr_Incognito
I bought Encre Noire blind based on your suggestion and would like to thank you for suggesting such a brilliant fragrance.
Now, I guess I should not delay in sampling Jaipur and Envy.

Great! Glad you like it. IMO it's a very solid frag, with a beautiful box and bottle and at $40-50 for 100ml a serious value buy.
I'll admit I'm not that familiar with the Boucheron and Envy although I've had samples lying around for a few years and I just haven't got to them yet (
facepalm.gif
) but they receive pretty good reviews. Personally I really like YSL Opium Homme so that's one I can vouch for at least.
Originally Posted by Rambo
Diving L'Homme Sage - Holy **** I want this one even more. This will be my next split.
yeah, Divine L'Homme went through a big BN's raving period and then it sort of died off. Not so cheap or I would have bought it already but I might consider getting in on a trade. PM if you decide to get a bottle since I think I have a source for a good price.

Today, Hermes Voyage on the left, Jardin sur le Toit on the right. Voyage is pretty nice, but just too safe and all-rounded for my sort of collection. I've been liking Toit more and more. I find it quite juicy and freshyingly cool yet fruity, sort of like a cold glass of strongbow or something. I think I'll probably buy a bottle of Toit.
I recently tested Sur le Nil just based on the rec's but don't think it's my sort of scent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads