• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you re-rack your weights when you finish with a piece of equipment?

resartus

Reaction score
If not, I hate your guts.

What's worse is that it's always the huge guys (i.e. the ones I'm not going to **** with) who leave their 12 plates on the bar. Assholes.

ezlau

Reaction score
the bar is all i can lift
laugh.gif

SUPER K

Reaction score
Funny. We have a women triathlete in our gum, in her 40's, about 5 '2. She'll call those guys out, and they'll run back and unload the bar or machine. She's also great for messing with those guys that have to make with the loud grunts and screams to make sure everyone is watching. She just asks " if they need help delivering that baby, sounds like twins"

resartus

Reaction score
ha, sounds like she's more of a man than I am--I just say under my breath "omg I'm totally going to post about you on styleforum" and start unloading 45-lb plates...

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a big peeve with me too, especially with dumbbells on the floor left behind by over entitled dumbass teens and college kids who don't know how to clean up after themselves.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dumbbells, always. Plates 90% of the time; I sometimes leave it on the bar if there were plates when I got there, and I am only doing a few sets quick (usually cool-down sets or something like that).

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by resartus
ha, sounds like she's more of a man than I am--I just say under my breath "omg I'm totally going to post about you on styleforum" and start unloading 45-lb plates...

You must not be very good at keeping your word if you have been a member since 2008 and have only managed to post once about these douches on SF three years later.

diggerdantheman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bill Smith
It's a big peeve with me too, especially with dumbbells on the floor left behind by over entitled dumbass teens and college kids who don't know how to clean up after themselves.

I say tell them to re-rack, armed with the knowledge that your carefully planned exercise regime will leave you fitter, stronger and most importantly, still fitting your tailored jackets perfectly, while their bust-a-gut-look-at-me antics will merely result in a thick neck - presumably to support the thick head they're somewhat superfluously carrying.

Church's Goer

Reaction score
Without fail. Gym etiquette is sorely lacking in many ways; this is one of them. Other offences include unnecessary grunting, dropping weights (habitually), chatting forever in front of a rack or bench when it's busy, working in with you and not putting the weight back to where YOU had it before they joined - the list could go on forever.

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my gym, it's usually the god damn "trainers" leaving their plates on the bar...

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pennglock
In my gym, it's usually the god damn "trainers" leaving their plates on the bar...
Yea one trainer at my current gym is probably the worst offender. Next time I see him do it I'm gonna say something, I don't pay to clean up his ******* messes. I always clean my **** up. I don't care if it's a 2.5lb plate or 365lb to deadlift. I put it all back. I don't grunt or any of that horseshit either. I am kind of a dick though as I am not patient, so I ask people how many sets they have. I also rap or sing along w/whatever I am listening to 73% of the time, and I am pretty sure that freaks people out. :kanyeshrug: I re rack my **** though.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
Yea one trainer at my current gym is probably the worst offender. Next time I see him do it I'm gonna say something, I don't pay to clean up his ******* messes.

This.

Plus, I'm not paid to clean up after anyone. How hard is it to put **** back, AND put it back in its correct place? I hate, hate, hate running around trying to find the matching dumbbell or a curl bar on the other side of the gym floor where it doesn't belong.

I always clean my **** up. I don't care if it's a 2.5lb plate or 365lb to deadlift. I put it all back. I don't grunt or any of that horseshit either. I am kind of a dick though as I am not patient, so I ask people how many sets they have. I also rap or sing along w/whatever I am listening to 73% of the time, and I am pretty sure that freaks people out. :kanyeshrug: I re rack my **** though.
I never got the grunting. You are not Bruce Lee fighting someone trying to psych them out. Once in a blue moon if I'm really pushing the final weight, I might making a 'grunting' noise, but unless you are right next to me, you won't hear me, unlike the other assholes that I have heard from the next floor up. That's right, they grunt that loudly.

ice86x

Reaction score
always. i also find myself rearranging the weights to their proper weight stack since people never put it back correctly

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be glad to re-rack other people's weights if they'd just wipe off their ******* sweat. Disgusting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads