• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Charles Tyrwhitt opinions

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flame
Thanks. That means that CT Tailored actually fits a little bit wider than ESFs?

Wouldn't mind that. BBs have some really boring patterns / colors for ESF, thinking of converting to CT for workhorse shirts.

Anyways, do CT narrow ties come in 2.75 to 3 widths?

CT narrow ties are usually 3 inches.

I was just checking up on their recent sale....nothing in Tailored Fit is on sale unfortunately. However, I did see a couple Black Label shirts on sale for $77, which is about double what I would normally pay for a CT shirt, but a lot less than the $115 they usually sell for. Does anyone have any experience with their Black Label shirts? Are they worth the extra money even at this steep of a discount?

Minarchist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
I was just checking up on their recent sale....nothing in Tailored Fit is on sale unfortunately. However, I did see a couple Black Label shirts on sale for $77, which is about double what I would normally pay for a CT shirt, but a lot less than the $115 they usually sell for. Does anyone have any experience with their Black Label shirts? Are they worth the extra money even at this steep of a discount?
Black Label is the same cut as Tailored, correct?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Same cut, yeah...it's just a supposedly much better fabric. I just don't know anyone that's actually tried one, so I was hoping to find some people here that had some personal experience with their Black Label.

Richard Pryor

Reaction score
I ordered 4 tailored fit shirts from CT. Size 16.5/34.

They are actually more tailored than BB ESF.

You can check sizing yourself, but the 16.5 BB ESF measures 47.5" in the chest and 45" in the waist, while the CT Tailored measures 45.7" and 42.9 respectively. Big difference.

I do think the fabric seems very filmsy and they wrinkle easily.

Would buy again cause they're cheap.

countbaron

Reaction score
CT goods are cheap because they are low quality, not because of anything special CT is doing, commercially or 'technically'

I talk from a short experience of having bought their products- of which I am now justifiably ashamed - but I really did not know better then

If you want/can only afford - cheap stuff that looks 'trad' by all means buy. Not at the usual prices though, unless you live in Alaska. By usual I mean the year round 50% discount on a fictitious MSRP (that practice alone should give you pause for thought)

But never ever think you are buying anything with good quality/price ratio. It is just the price that is low- And for god sake never buy anything expensive there, especially shoes

IsteRed

Reaction score
Just got my order from CT.I'm no expert in quality but i think it's pretty good,especially for the price,only one thing,if you're not 4 feet,500 pounds or your body doesn't resemble a ball,don't buy classic fit,i'm not a slim guy myself but those really are tents,seriously.go with slim fit if you have average body,and tailored if you're slim.

Minarchist

Reaction score
Just got my initial order of 3 Tailored Fit in. I have to say, for ~$35 a shirt, I'm quite pleased. I'm 5'9" and usually between 165-170 pounds (mostly muscle but some, uh, "hangers on"), so not exactly Mr. Slim, and these fit just about perfect through the chest. Could still be taken in a tad in the waist, but miles better than most RTW. Fabric is fine, about what I expected for the price. Cuffs are HUGE on me, though. Would really love a second button option on the barrel. And brass collar stays?
inlove.gif

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Minarchist
Just got my initial order of 3 Tailored Fit in. I have to say, for ~$35 a shirt, I'm quite pleased. I'm 5'9" and usually between 165-170 pounds (mostly muscle but some, uh, "hangers on"), so not exactly Mr. Slim, and these fit just about perfect through the chest. Could still be taken in a tad in the waist, but miles better than most RTW. Fabric is fine, about what I expected for the price. Cuffs are HUGE on me, though. Would really love a second button option on the barrel.

And brass collar stays?
inlove.gif

I'm the exact same size and my CT tailored fit shirt is spot on as well.

tgt465

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Minarchist
Cuffs are HUGE on me, though. Would really love a second button option on the barrel.

Step 1: Cut off existing cuff button (only the cuff button, not the shirt front buttons)
Step 2: Move button over 1/2 inch (towards the button hole, not away from it)
Step 3: Sew button back on
Step 4: Enjoy tighter cuffs

Bedraggled

Reaction score
The Charles Tyrwhitt shirts described as "non iron cotton" are in fact, NEEDS IRON COTTON, as I found after the first wash.Once washed, they droop and crumple in the worst cotton manner, and cannot be worn without ironing.

Andrew Ryan

Reaction score
The Charles Tyrwhitt shirts described as "non iron cotton" are in fact, NEEDS IRON COTTON, as I found after the first wash.Once washed, they droop and crumple in the worst cotton manner, and cannot be worn without ironing.
I no longer wear CT shirts but did for a long, long time. I found their non-iron shirts wearable straight out of the dryer, although I always starched the collar and cuffs for extra crispness. Are you removing them from the dryer immediately after the cycle is finished or leaving them in for a bit? Just curious as I've experienced very different results.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics