• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spaghettimatt
Hello all. I have an odd issue. I just received a pair of brown fifth avenues in size 6.5E. I noticed that they are significantly wider than my black park ave and walnut mcallisters in the exact same size. For example, the laces close all the way on this pair and the right shoe in particular is very roomy (some heel slippage).

What could account for this? Is there any way to fix it?

Sounds like they are on different lasts and you should probably go with a D width in this particular model. OTOH, sometimes heel slippage goes away as the soles are broken in and flex more.

gsgleason

Reaction score
The fifth ave, park ave, and mcallister are all on the #5 last.

Call their customer service line or take it back to the store.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Thanks, I couldn't check that at work as the AE site is blocked.
ffffuuuu.gif

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Just got a pair of Kenwoods, cigar shell cordovan, hand-stitched last on a JR sole.
inlove.gif

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
From FStyles?
smile.gif

Yep. I was more intrigued by them than anything but I am far from disappointed. They feel great and look even better. Plus at that price for cordovan shell, let alone on a MTO shoe? It had to be done.
devil.gif

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted
Yep. I was more intrigued by them than anything but I am far from disappointed. They feel great and look even better. Plus at that price for cordovan shell, let alone on a MTO shoe? It had to be done.
devil.gif

He had two Kenwoods and a Preston. You and makewayhomer got the Kenwoods, and I got the Preston. Great deals!

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
He had two Kenwoods and a Preston. You and makewayhomer got the Kenwoods, and I got the Preston. Great deals!

So I suppose all I have to do now is make sure that I'm not caught standing next to makeyourwayhomer at a bar.
colgate.gif

Enjoy the Prestons!

hrb

Reaction score
does anyone own the park ave's in the pebble grain walnut? or any ae's in the pebble grain walnut finish? i am considering snagging a pair on-line but haven't seen that finish in person. thanks guys.

Mr Pelican Pants

Reaction score
E is the cat's ass. I have a two-week rotation of AE's, consisting of McAlisters, Strands, Park Avenues and Fifth Avenues. I love them like they are my pets. Also, sometimes I strip naked in my office and rub myself with a shoe. It feels good.

facet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr Pelican Pants
I love them like they are my pets. Also, sometimes I strip naked in my office and rub myself with a shoe. It feels good.
Lol, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one. Except I only do this with my PA's, I find the Broguing on my McAllisters chafe too much.

gamma1234

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr Pelican Pants
AE is the cat's ass. I have a two-week rotation of AE's, consisting of McAlisters, Strands, Park Avenues and Fifth Avenues. I love them like they are my pets. Also, sometimes I strip naked in my office and rub myself with a shoe. It feels good.

Nice - I have the same 4 shoe rotation for AEs. However, I can't agree to doing anything else you mentioned in your post.

Mind sharing the colors for each?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads