• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm selling those boots, any question please PM I don't want to bog down this thread. I posted in the other one.

I'll just say that regarding the condition, I'm not the original owner but was told by him that they had been worn about a dozen times and I have no reason not to believe him, he's a well known poster/seller so that's what I said. the insides are extremely clean. shell creases fast and can scratch fast, and the boots need a polish for sure, but I took plenty of clear pictures because I don't want to mislead anyone. the pictures should certainly speak louder than my words, as they did when I purchased them.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
23k3fpc.jpg

cigar tassels
argyles otc

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2503yuf.jpg

cigar chukkas
argyles otc

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mcarthur
2503yuf.jpg
cigar chukkas argyles otc

oh dear... i will need a moment to myself as I go cry tears of joy

ffatt

Reaction score
I wanted to order some Indy boots and I don't have a retailers nearby to try them out. I understand Indy boots run larger in width and length, but I am trying to get an idea of how much wider they are compared to Red Wing Classic Moc Toe Boots. My foot width is slightly bigger than D. In width E RWs, I can wear 8.5 and the length is just right and width is just right or a tad bit touchy. The size 9 length feels a bit long and width is just perfect. Would I be better off going for 9D or 9E in the Indy boots?

Bruce-YVR

Reaction score
Hi... I am gonna get my Chukka No.8 in a few days... so excited!!!! Now here is the question??? should I TOPY the chukka?? I live in the Pacific Northwest and you know we get a lot of liquid sunshine here :)
So I want to get the TOPY to get better traction and protect the sole as well. Your feedback is much appreciated!!

Thanks

Bruce

marg

Reaction score
maybe you guys can help me here...so i bought a pair of color 8 longwings where the shell wasn't matched up on the brouging and the vamp. they were switched out for these. the color is perfect, but there was a small raised area on the vamp right by the brouging. at the time i thought nothing of it as these were my first pair of shells, but over a couple months, this is what happened...

0EAB5FF3-orig.jpg

look at the inside of the rippling...a ridge developed. it looks like there may have been extra material or something, definitely a second. will alden be able to fix this or return this, or am i stuck?

EDIT: although my gait may be marsupialed, hence the creasing, the spot on the upper left in the pic feels much less dense than the other shoe (which doesn't have that weird ridge in the creasing). also, my whiskey lwbs didn't crease like this, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads