• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or was it this pic - I get them confused on my phone

st-pats-004.jpg

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm more like this... **** similar hair too.
ToneeGreyCardigan.jpg

That's a bit gay actually.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Damn Korean boy bands are ruining my style. I get asked whether I'm Korean often enough already. Cant do much about the hair.

neyus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fxh
My good Tefal Aquaspeed 160 ultraglide iron has gone all wonky.

I see Target has a $99 Sunbeam UlturaÂ
00ae.png
70 Platinum on special @$49

http://www.sunbeam.com.au/au/products/laundry/sr5770/

Any of youse have a recommendation or experience of the Sunbeam?

Sunbeam make a good iron for the price. I bought a few brauns before from David Jones and they really weren't that good. Ended up exchanging a few times and then exchanged it for the sunbeam. I like irons with a bit of weight behind them too, so make sure the one you get is slightly heavy as I think it helps get the wrinkles out.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist
Sigh... Into the breach once more, dear friends.

Whatisface on telly doesn't wear a tie = therefore you shouldn't

Expected response from the public: Baaaaaa... sheeple see, sheeple do... baaaa... baaaa

Did you read the posted comments for that article? Some were pretty hilarious.

I take offence to the tie shirt combos that the weather guy wears on the ABC purple shirt purple tie in lighter shades for example. The wife, former TV designer informs me that wear coordinates as it shows up better on camera.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hira's Bespoke is coming to Sydney next week, Tuesday 28th June to Tuesday July 5th 2011 (from 3pm onward on Tuesday 28th) at the Sheraton on the Park, 161 Elizabeth Street, according to an email I just received from them (though I've never used them).

elvish

Reaction score
Wraith - yes Gino and Emir both were very lovely and treated me very well.

Meeting them again soon to pick up my gear and have a chat about Caruso over coffee.

elvish

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
Hira's Bespoke is coming to Sydney next week, Tuesday 28th June to Tuesday July 5th 2011 (from 3pm onward on Tuesday 28th) at the Sheraton on the Park, 161 Elizabeth Street, according to an email I just received from them (though I've never used them).

Does anyone know these guys?

As usual USA shirts from 79, Australia 99... joke

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by neyus
Sunbeam make a good iron for the price. I bought a few brauns before from David Jones and they really weren't that good. Ended up exchanging a few times and then exchanged it for the sunbeam. I like irons with a bit of weight behind them too, so make sure the one you get is slightly heavy as I think it helps get the wrinkles out.

Thanks

I got the Tefal from Myers a few years back as that was the only place where someone could talk sensibly about irons and ironing - us iGents are fussy. A bit of weight is nice but you can add your own weight by pressing down.

The Tefal was the first non stick I've owned and it has been fine. Usually bad non sticks are a problem as you can't clean the non stick if it gets a bit iffy. Stainless steel bottoms can be cleaned easily.

Prof. B. Bear

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahman
That being said, I still go tie-less with suit often enough. I'm already dressing a little too well compared to the rest of the people in my current office. And when I'm in a navy suit, white slightly taller cut-away collar shirt, cardigan that end up looking a little waist-coaty, a tie and elegant shoes, I feel way overdressed. So I go tieless and pretend I'm channeling some FU Tom Ford 3piece no tie thing. Normal spread collar and no cardigan, I keep my tie on.

The MC firm I've gained graduate employment with next year never wear ties. During my 3 rounds of interviews, I saw multiple partners in jeans and polos, dress shirts and jeans, trousers and untucked shirts and the odd full suit minus tie. It was an absolute wasteland.

But never mind, I'll be wearing full suits + tie next year unless I'm directed otherwise. I'm not so sure as to how well regarded I'd be in the eyes of a client like the CEO of a multi-billion dollar business wearing only jeans and an OCBD.

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith

sounds a lot like raja fashions. i steer away from a website that has too much advertising.

Generally means they're trying to spend more time promoting their goods to increase their customers, rather than putting effort and care in doing a good job for each individual customer

Quarks

Reaction score
*Edit: Re-reading my post, I did come across as being hostile. I edited to re-word myself*

I know we have gone wayyy off topic but I feel the need to justify this.

First of all, an anaesthetist does not easily earn over a million dollars. My anaesthetist colleagues who work both private & public don't even hit that target. They achieve their million dollar mark through investment and not easily through their job. Locum shifts through the year - definite yes (but hard to achieve but achievable). Otherwise, just an exaggeration. IMO.

I havent heard of a fully trained Medical Officer'. You are either fully trained (when you are a consultant.) or you are not (ie. intern/medical officers) or currently in training (ie. registrar).
Medical officers are doctors not in training & not admitted to ANY specialty field. (Hence, 'fully-trained'?)
Registrars (accredited) are considered doctors-in-training when they are registered with their college of specialty.

I havent heard of anyone being Registrar Year 7, unless they flunk their fellowship exams again & again & again. Neurosurg is not even that long.

And once upon a time, interns were paid **** & ward clerk owned them. Not year 1 Reg as you clearly mentioned.

Done.

Originally Posted by fxh
Hang on- I know this is the internet but usually this australian thread has taken some pride in not indulging in the mad speculation and fantasy claims of other threads on

A year 7 Registrar = ~$52 an hour or over $110,000 a year - still in training.

Average nurse earnings are between $55K - $70k depending on weekend work, overtime etc.

Nurse earnings don't change much upwards over a career. Medical Officers do - a fully trained Medical Officer will earn well over the $110,000 or so a final year TRAINING registrar will earn.

An anaesthetist can easily earn over $1m a year AND decide when and where they wish to work.

There is nowhere that a ward clerk will be earning more than a Year 1 Registrar - Don't talk bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads