• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sandals Jamaica, mon!

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So Im going to my sisters wedding in Monetgo Bay in December. Never been to an all-inclusive resort. I like boozing, so thats cool. But living in Los Angeles, I have no real beach attraction. I booked 3 nights for $1,100 at the sandals montego bay but the wedding is at the royal caribbean. you have access to all resorts and I dont really wanna hang around the fam, drunk for a weekend. So anyone been to either of those places? how are all inclusive places overall?
michael-scott.jpg

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
So Im going to my sisters wedding in Monetgo Bay in December. Never been to an all-inclusive resort. I like boozing, so thats cool. But living in Los Angeles, I have no real beach attraction.

I booked 3 nights for $1,100 at the sandals montego bay but the wedding is at the royal caribbean. you have access to all resorts and I dont really wanna hang around the fam, drunk for a weekend.

So anyone been to either of those places? how are all inclusive places overall?

michael-scott.jpg

it does not matter where in general they suck donkey balls.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
u going solo or with a chick?

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarphe
it does not matter where in general they suck donkey balls.

But why?? Its not my type of vacation but Ive never done it, so whats the crappy part?

Originally Posted by ter1413
u going solo or with a chick?

With a chick Im dating. But can always invite one of my boys if we break up. My buddy just got back from a wedding there and said single chicks everywhere...but at a resort..?

PeterMetro

Reaction score
Montego Bay is a very beautiful spot, but it's so ******* touristy that I find it insufferable. The second you get off the plane it's "Jamaica, mon!" this and "No problem, mon!" that. Jamaica actually has a very warm local culture (despite some horrific violence), but what's on display in Mo-Bay is insincere at best, especially in the all-inclusive resorts.

Which isn't to say you can't have a good time. I've only stayed at an all inclusive resort once in my life, the Iberostar in Mo-Bay. I was very skeptical, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. Yes, the drinks were weak, but you can sit at the bar and drink as much as you want. They had a long list of beers, but they had "run out" of everything except for Red Stripe - denying me my beloved Dragon Stout. My biggest complaint was that everything was crowded (all I want in a beach vacation is a book and to be left alone).

If you do go, get out of the resort and check out Gloucester Avenue, which is known as the Hip Strip - it is a strip, but it is not particularly hip. And definitely check out Scotchies for some great jerk.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But why?? Its not my type of vacation but Ive never done it, so whats the crappy part?

1.generally bad liquor choise or selection
2. the food though supposedly somtme representive of the region is bland it does doens remind of the food of the region at all.
3. to repeat similar wave of number 1. you are nto really abel to try reginal drinks or things done. the alces are made ot make large percentage cormfortabel. for example you are not going to be able to get a unique 70 % spcied rum that you can surely get in a normal bar in the region.
extremely limtied cotnact with the local culture.
5. this is the most importnant they are for pussies.

cuffthis

Reaction score
WTF? I stayed in Negril, JA last August/September for 5 weeks for $900 for my cabin, which had wireless hi-speed internet, A/C, kitchenette/fridge and was 50 feet from the 7 mile beach in Negril. My spending money was approx $50/day.

FYI, I have been to Jamaica 31 times since 1990.

Sandals is Disneyland. I prefer to hang with Jamaicans, not tourists only.

I booked 3 nights for $1,100 at the sandals montego bay.
michael-scott.jpg

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stayed at that very Samdals on my honeymoon. We had a great time, drank plenty of Red Stripe and Appleton Estate rum. Food was just OK. I liked the breakfasts a lot though. It is a really ni e setting. i am sure you will have an amazing time.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarphe
1.generally bad liquor choise or selection
2. the food though supposedly somtme representive of the region is bland it does doens remind of the food of the region at all.
3. to repeat similar wave of number 1. you are nto really abel to try reginal drinks or things done. the alces are made ot make large percentage cormfortabel. for example you are not going to be able to get a unique 70 % spcied rum that you can surely get in a normal bar in the region.
extremely limtied cotnact with the local culture.
5. this is the most importnant they are for pussies.

Looks like someone mistook this for the Drunk Poasting thread.

scientific

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ehh. sandals. so trashy. try to get out and check the local scene, but dont get killed. also enjoy the wedding

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I were going by myself or with a couple of friends who I knew would be cool with it, I would go check out the local scene and have adventures. If I were going with my girlfriend I would find the least objectionable and least crowded looking resort that I could afford. You aren't going to have any fun if she's uncomfortable.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scientific
ehh. sandals. so trashy. try to get out and check the local scene, but dont get killed. also enjoy the wedding

thanks. ive always heard the local scene was sketchy, but to be honest the sound of staying in a resort for 4 days sucks. But we'll see, could love it....

Originally Posted by cuffthis
WTF? I stayed in Negril, JA last August/September for 5 weeks for $900 for my cabin, which had wireless hi-speed internet, A/C, kitchenette/fridge and was 50 feet from the 7 mile beach in Negril. My spending money was approx $50/day.

FYI, I have been to Jamaica 31 times since 1990.

Sandals is Disneyland. I prefer to hang with Jamaicans, not tourists only.

apples and oranges dude. Glad you got by on the cheap but I am not going for my sisters wedding and staying in some remote location. I only have a few days off work,s o no need to cut corners.

scientific

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea +1 to resort improving girlfriend comfort factor. hopefully your chick is cool enough to want to check out the local scene too but not cool enough to want to get banged by some rasta dudes. personally i would keep that in mind
lol8[1].gif

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scientific
yea +1 to resort improving girlfriend comfort factor. hopefully your chick is cool enough to want to check out the local scene too but not cool enough to want to get banged by some rasta dudes. personally i would keep that in mind
lol8[1].gif

We just broke up like 2 hours ago
plain.gif

I booked my plane tickets this morning
plain.gif

Guess this gives me 6 months to find a new one, or a buddy

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=2515

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've heard from people that the resorts are crazy, but I think they were talking about Hedonism.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads