• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you wear color?

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoes011.jpg

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
Here`s some of mine I have saved on the comp:

Orange jacket:

Colorful tie along with some orange and blue window pane going on in the jacket:

Dragon,

You've got to get us some more digitals of your daily wear. Impeccable! Definitely inspiring me to try some new ideas.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Matt, both of those jackets are very nice (and well cut) but that first one with the pink windowpane is HOT!!!!

This is the most colorful jacket I currently own and I do get a lot of compliments when I wear it (although it might be my incredible Adonis-like good looks more than the jacket). I wear loud colors and patterns, just not together

KIF_3970.jpg

Great jacket. What events do you commonly wear it to?

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bucephalus

Reaction score
Serious men don't wear colour.
Well, maybe a bit in the tie. That's it.

Chauncey Gardner

Reaction score
I abhor the depressing drabness and regimentation of today's "casual" and, however contradictory this may at first seem, find it downright gaudy.

I express myself in infinite ways through the color I wear, and I frequently pick an entire color scheme from nature; inspired by gazing out my windows at the changing colors of the sky, the treetops, and shrubbery of the park, I then translate the whole picture into an outfit.

A lovely revelation of color was in store for me after this past Autumn's golden red trees had faded. Looking beyond bare tree limbs, I discovered an entirely different palette down low among the fading shrubbery, containing surprising shades of deep teals and magentas, and burgundies, along with fresh shimmering tans, lavenders, and pale blues. So I wore varicolored tweeds along with burgundy sweaters that reinterpreted textile patterns from the 19th c. New England clipper trade. I felt very in touch with the season.

I seldom wear black, but when I wear do black or drab I do it strictly for drama.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only wear grey, black, and white. NEUTRALS BABY!

J/K. I really like colors. Light green, yellow, purple, light red/pink, blue are all beautiful. On the other hand, my favorite color is grey (usually paired with something bright).

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
whenever I see Edmorel post his pizzazzy photos of his outfits , I always some reason picture in my mind his face would look sort of like M Night Shyamalan.

im sorry , Ed , please dont take this as an insult if you are not his fan. i actually think M Night 's good looking by the way.

please pm me if i should have been discrete about this opinion.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bucephalus
Serious men don't wear colour.
Well, maybe a bit in the tie. That's it.

eek.gif

You gotta be kidding.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I love color. but I usually reserve it for one item per emsemble.

iammatt.... That windowpane sport coat is sweet. Nice fit. The yellow bertoia chair's not bad either....

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
I love color. but I usually reserve it for one item per emsemble.

iammatt.... That windowpane sport coat is sweet. Nice fit. The yellow bertoia chair's not bad either....

Matt seems unhappy at having his picture taken, like "do I have to."
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads