• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kilgore

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash
Mike, do you have any official date for the shadow dot pre-order? I'm going to have to reserve me one of those for sure, I'll just get the sleeves chopped off a bit.

Can I ask one thing though. Have you ever reconsidered the sleeve length on all your shirts? It seems on most guys they're too long (myself included). Do they fit right on the majority of your customers or something? With the XL I wear, the 36.5" sleeve is made for a pretty tall guy, yet a 42" chest that this shirt should fit well on is very common on a 5'11 or so guy. Totally just curious........I had seen some other people talk about this so I figured I'd ask you.

*Still hoping those orange Walts are going to fit my legs, fingers crossed, hahaha.

i actually wondered about this too. i love the fit of my oxford but i only wish that the sleeve was a bit shorter. it's not too big of a deal since i like to roll up my sleeves anyhow.

skunkworks

Reaction score
Yeah, I too am disappointed that Mike won't fly here with his personal jetpack to take my measurements for an off-the-rack shirt that can fit my unique proportions.

GET YOUR DAMN SLEEVES SHORTENED YOU LAZY HOSERS.

thebunk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skunkworks
Yeah, I too am disappointed that Mike won't fly here with his personal jetpack to take my measurements for an off-the-rack shirt that can fit my unique proportions.

GET YOUR DAMN SLEEVES SHORTENED YOU LAZY HOSERS.

Easssssssy dude, the guy just asked a question, sheesh.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skunkworks
Yeah, I too am disappointed that Mike won't fly here with his personal jetpack to take my measurements for an off-the-rack shirt that can fit my unique proportions. GET YOUR DAMN SLEEVES SHORTENED YOU LAZY HOSERS.
It was a simple question as it seemed on the MAJORITY of people the sleeves are always too long. I'm just curious as to why Mike leaves them long......I'm guessing so they'll fit everybody (long for tall guys and other guys can get them shortened)? Calm down. It's been brought up more than once and I just wanted Mike's answer. No reason for your smartass reply, not like I asked 'can you make the sleeves 2" shorter, p2p 1" bigger, s2s 1 " bigger, length 1" smaller' or something crazy like that. Your jetpack comment makes you look stupid.

samsterdam

Reaction score
Mike, don't you dare shorten the sleeves
tounge.gif

I'm 6'4" and pushing it on the sleeves as it is.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike,
You should offer shirts with detachable 2-inch sleeve extensions. Use four buttons or so to attach the extra fabric, two to the cuff, two to the sleeve itself.

thebunk

Reaction score
And style forum members once again prove that this one of the most smug places on the Internet for keyboard warriors to hang out. Congrats.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did the clays in 28 really sell out in the 14 hours I've not been checking religiously for their drop?

skander

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
My girl was all about the shadow dot too. That thing is off the chain, it's the perfect vacation/hot summer chill/non-dull shirt. I love floral prints, but prefer muted floral prints and only in shorts, that's about it. I'm a pretty conservative dude, and shadow dot was a no brainer.

The average "Joe" is afraid of **** that has more than like two stripes and two colors or non-vertical/horizontal patterns. Have some fun and embrace change. F that "it looks feminine" noise, those people have no clue.

Could not agree more.

I've had friends tell me that plaid is "gay." Yes, plaid. They are idiots and homophobes.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
F that "it looks feminine" noise, those people have no clue.

I actually think people with that kind of reaction have a fear of style, lack the confidence to pull off the look, and are intimidated by those who can pull it off. Their sole defense is pulling the gay card, which to me just shows their insecurity. They blend in, and that's not a good thing in my mind.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics