• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

IST66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3-90-1.jpg

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by philosophe
Rob, the coat looks great, but there's something a little wonky with the pants when seen from the side. Are they a little trim? The left side doesn't hang well.

Is this an end of school reward?

Thanks, not sure about the pants. They were an older pair that I had made and the jacket is new to make the suit (I wore the pants twice, figured i'd get much more use out of a navy suit than odd navy pants) so yes, end of year treat was the jacket! FWIW the pants are the only pair he made me with belt loops instead of side tabs, and the shot was the end of a very LONG day...won't be wearing this until Sept, but I'll be sure to take better pics then.

Originally Posted by beansach
fit looks pretty good. I don't think I would feel appropriate wearing longwings and warm colors like that in the summer.

Thanks, but I live in longwings!

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust
Last night, prior to the Summer Fete at the Metropolitan Museum, and this morning, facing life after a mass quantity of wine, looking at a day promising thunderstorms by afternoon (hence, no suede). Last night:
IMGP0729489x1280.jpg

Sharp!
This morning:
IMGP0737677x1280.jpg
IMGP0732971x1280.jpg

An almost subdued (but patriotic!) implementation of the seersucker. The plain, white PS works better here than with the tan. You definitely looked cheerier last night...
laugh.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IST66

one of the rare occassions.

just don't feel this tie in the composition.

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
First time wearing this jacket as a SC instead of the full suit. 70/30 cashmere silk. I think it works, what about you?

Works well I think. I'd imagine it's because basically it's a sportcoat made into a suit jacket instead of a suit jacket made into a sportcoat. The pattern and ticket pocket scream sportcoat.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First time wearing this jacket as a SC instead of the full suit.

03741bf4.jpg

Excellent; a recent favourite of mine, I think. I need to become more willing to break up suits like this occasionally. Don't know why I don't try it more often.

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
If you liked those you're gonna LOVE these:
ISpiritVodka2%2BLapo.jpg

(From A Suitable Wardrobe.)

Lapo is like a blunderbuss. Sometimes this works in his favour, as in this look.

Originally Posted by NOBD
Thanks. HF: one button, same height as my other shirts. The knot turned out small today

Cool; must have been a combiantion of that & the photo angle.

Originally Posted by robasaurus
Some crappy iPhone photos today. It was the first truly warm, sunny day we've had so far this year and a great excuse to break out my summer GTH pants

I'm smiling, but not shaking my head at the same time. I think that means it works.
biggrin.gif

Last night, prior to the Summer Fete at the Metropolitan Museum...

Very smart indeed.

Casual today...

xp30Z.jpg

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First time wearing this jacket as a SC instead of the full suit. 70/30 cashmere silk. I think it works, what about you?
[MG]

I think it works quite well.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Cool; must have been a combiantion of that & the photo angle.

Yes, and perhaps the combination of an overly tight knot and quite some tie space, so the knot moves up, if that makes sense.

What shoes are you wearing? They remind me of Steve McQueen-Bullitt's.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last night, prior to the Summer Fete at the Metropolitan Museum, and this morning, facing life after a mass quantity of wine, looking at a day promising thunderstorms by afternoon (hence, no suede).

Last night:

IMGP0729489x1280.jpg

This morning:

IMGP0737677x1280.jpg

IMGP0732971x1280.jpg

Crusty, you've come a long way, baby (despite that tie, which I'm not the biggest fan of). Your pose is much more natural, your countenance more jovial, your fits more... fitted, your combinations more subdued. But you haven't lost your personality.
http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...ostcount=30168

inlandisland

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mossrockss
Crusty, you've come a long way, baby (despite that tie, which I'm not the biggest fan of).

I like it in this context - I think it's fun for a summer tie.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think it can work, but I also think I'd rather see it with light tan pants. I'm not anti-grey sport coats, as some on here are; however, I generally think they look better with lighter color pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads