• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prices Carmina shoes

banis

Reaction score
It was 60EUR for shipping to Russia from Mallorca. Paris store quoted me 35 EUR to Russia.
I assume it should be about the same to the US.

banis

Reaction score
I was in Paris in April and wanted to order a pair that was out of stock. Price in the Paris store was a bit higher than from Spain, but shipping was cheaper. Also, when they ship outside EU, neither Spanish, nor Paris shops do not deduct VAT. Do not know exact reasons. I would have also been fascinated, live I somewhere outside this country and all the **** happening around.
redface.gif
) Do you just study Russia or Russian language also?

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry i wasnt clear, any ideas if they deduct VAT in stores?

Galix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spacemanvt
sorry i wasnt clear, any ideas if they deduct VAT in stores?

Not 100% sure about this, but if I'm not mistaken in the entire EU the VAT deduction is not done by the stores you buy at, but at the airport (or other places alike) where you can find official agencies. But at the store they have to provide you with a certificate or a receipt or something like this. Just ask there and they'll inform you better.

bboysdontcryy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha! Unfortunately, I only study the political system, and the culture, not the language! So what are people on the ground saying for 2012? Medvedev, or Vladimir Vladimirovich?

Originally Posted by banis
I was in Paris in April and wanted to order a pair that was out of stock. Price in the Paris store was a bit higher than from Spain, but shipping was cheaper. Also, when they ship outside EU, neither Spanish, nor Paris shops do not deduct VAT. Do not know exact reasons.

I would have also been fascinated, live I somewhere outside this country and all the **** happening around.
redface.gif
)
Do you just study Russia or Russian language also?

banis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy
Ha! Unfortunately, I only study the political system, and the culture, not the language! So what are people on the ground saying for 2012? Medvedev, or Vladimir Vladimirovich?
Medvedev's recent interview to the Financial Times gives quite a good overview of current situation. In short - he wants to stay for the second time in the Kremlin. This time for 6 instead of 4 years (you are probably aware of the changes to the Constitution). But... it is not in his power to decide whether he will stay or not.

koolhistorian

Reaction score
Very interesting leap from Carmina shoes to Vova and Mitea - "nash rukavaditel' i nash president"!

bboysdontcryy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, we're well aware of Medvedev's desire to remain the President, and the PM's seeming desire to want to take power again. The only reason why we feel that there's a split among the President and the PM is because they seem to be giving contradictory messages, and they keep deliberating over whether Medvedev will be running again in 2012. Would you say that most Russians are in favor of the PM becoming the President again? Frankly, do you think the existing political system is good for Russia? Or would you say there needs to be more liberalization? *I have TEXTBOOK understandings of how Russians think, but would like to know if it is true with you!
laugh.gif
Medvedev's recent interview to the Financial Times gives quite a good overview of current situation. In short - he wants to stay for the second time in the Kremlin. This time for 6 instead of 4 years (you are probably aware of the changes to the Constitution). But... it is not in his power to decide whether he will stay or not.

bboysdontcryy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Few free to chime in!
laugh.gif
After all, under the USSR, the USSR did have strong control over Romania, and it would be interesting to note if there is any remaining trace of Soviet influence in Romania.

Originally Posted by koolhistorian
Very interesting leap from Carmina shoes to Vova and Mitea - "nash rukavaditel' i nash president"!

banis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy
Yes, we're well aware of Medvedev's desire to remain the President, and the PM's seeming desire to want to take power again. The only reason why we feel that there's a split among the President and the PM is because they seem to be giving contradictory messages, and they keep deliberating over whether Medvedev will be running again in 2012. Would you say that most Russians are in favor of the PM becoming the President again? Frankly, do you think the existing political system is good for Russia? Or would you say there needs to be more liberalization?

*I have TEXTBOOK understandings of how Russians think, but would like to know if it is true with you!
laugh.gif

I don't think that this thread should be derailed anymore with the Russian politics, but still... If you desire to discuss this topic, there are other subforums for such topics.

What they say is a ping-pong with each other. Those are mostly speeches without further actions on improvement. And what people think does not bother them. They and heir surrounding live in their own separate world.

Liberalization? Forget about it. Will not happen. It is impossible to register a political party for anyone who does not suck a d*ck to the regime. There is almost no opposition and it is not allowed to make its statements.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was in Paris in April and wanted to order a pair that was out of stock. Price in the Paris store was a bit higher than from Spain, but shipping was cheaper. Also, when they ship outside EU, neither Spanish, nor Paris shops do not deduct VAT. Do not know exact reasons.

I would have also been fascinated, live I somewhere outside this country and all the **** happening around.
redface.gif
)
Do you just study Russia or Russian language also?

do you guys have number I can call, considering order it from UK...

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clee1982
do you guys have number I can call, considering order it from UK...

ever heard of google search?

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to the carmina store in barcelona to have a look. Was not impressed with the leather and selection for the most part... C&J leather seems to be higher quality.

They did not have many styles I was interested in but the cordovan looked nice... a bit shiny for my taste and around 500 euros minimum

Galix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spacemanvt
Went to the carmina store in barcelona to have a look. Was not impressed with the leather and selection for the most part... C&J leather seems to be higher quality. They did not have many styles I was interested in but the cordovan looked nice... a bit shiny for my taste and around 500 euros minimum
I have to agree. Not with the leather thing, though. But the store is far from impressive. Specially if you actually want to buy something. When I just passed by or just entered for a quick look everything seems in order. Nice helpful staff, an Ok selection of shoes, etc. But that's only what it looks like. Last weekend went to buy a pair of shoes and went out empty handed. Why? Because they didn't have a single pair in my size. And it's a 7F, nothing special. I asked for several models I liked and all the sizes they had were either too small or too big. And another thing I really disliked is their policy concerning their catalog: if they have a pair of shoes in ther catalog, but none of the stores have them in stock, then ordering them to the factory is considered an special order, thus increasing the price by 30%. WTF?? But the staff are actually very helpful and they really met my expectations. They have ordered several models from all the stores (Madrid and Paris) so I can try them on. So I'm waiting their call because I do think the shoes in general are very nice and very good quality.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads