• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introducing D.C. Lewis Footwear - Affiliate Thread

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
I wanted to post one quick followup to the above message about country of origin.

David began researching this project a few months before I got involved. When he originally approached me about joining him, I was hesitant based solely on the country of origin. I was primarily nervous about how we would overcome this type of question, even if the quality was up to par.

David sent me an early sample, and I was blown away. The shoes exceeded my expectations not just of Laos/Taiwan manufacturing, but of manufacturing that I hadn't experienced before (not from the traditional cordwainer houses). I have handled almost all high-end brands of shoes, so I thought that I knew everything that was available. I was definitely surprised, and I immediately signed on to this project after receiving one sample. Since that sample, we have worked tirelessly to further increase quality and styling.

These shoes sure blow Made in USA Alden shoes out of the water in terms of finish and overall appearance. Good luck with the venture.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
Here are the pics of my shoes after a couple of months wear. I'd say a conservative estimate is 15 wears.

There are 2 w/ shoe trees and a few without. Please note that there are a couple of minor design changes from this shoe to the model for sale, so ignore any slight discrepancies.

IMG_7828.jpg

IMG_7829.jpg

IMG_7831.jpg

IMG_7833.jpg

IMG_7835.jpg

IMG_7834.jpg

Thanks man, they look to be aging very nicely.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
Thanks man, they look to be aging very nicely.
x2 None of my shoes look that nice after half as many wears
laugh.gif
Edit: Any thoughts of doing a wholecut in the future? I'm not really sure if that would be extra work/what all it would entail, just curious.

RockJaw

Reaction score
Well done DAVID!!!!!

WOW!!!

Well well well done!!!

I don't like monks, but I have to admit, those on Spoo's little porkers look really good. They have a really classy and casual look - very very nice.

I hope you do really well with your new venture mate, and I will definitely support you with at least one purchase. You know my size (you got it wrong often enough - lol) let me know if there is a pair in my size mate.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DC Lewis
F, there is a strong possibility that we will be using shell cordovan in the future. I am a huge fan as well.

Some shell cordovan balmoral boots would be absolutely killer.

Will you be using Horween for your source of shell cordovan?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Laos and Taiwan are not exactly on the same price point, I guess it could be a Taiwanese manufacture with a factory in Laos as well.

Textile/Shoe/Toy all have declined quite a bit in Taiwan after China start making them over a decade ago. Taiwan certainly have tried to go up market, and in some case successfully, but most resources were in electronics. No one really care if someone in Taiwan make decent shoe or clothe, guess it's a pleasant surprise. Maybe I will hunt down who it is when I go home the next time
laugh.gif

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Achilles_
x2 It has a very distinguishable look and adds a lot IMO.

Why not green on the bottom
tounge.gif

Edit: Does someone do green bottom soles already?

Yes, Crockett Jones do on their newer lasts (350-360). Although I doubt they care, like Louboutin does.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads