• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edward Green Sale

hst

Reaction score
I wrote to EG recently, asking about the upcoming sale. Apparently, there is a change of policy. EG would now only entertains walk-in during the sale. They no longer allows ordering by phone/email.
plain.gif

=========
Dear Sir,

I am sorry to inform you that as from this year and due to a policy change the sale is exclusive to walk-in clients only.

Best regards,

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hst
I wrote to EG recently, asking about the upcoming sale. Apparently, there is a change of policy. EG would now only entertains walk-in during the sale. They no longer allows ordering by phone/email.
plain.gif

=========
Dear Sir,

I am sorry to inform you that as from this year and due to a policy change the sale is exclusive to walk-in clients only.

Best regards,

Unless you know Hilary...............

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just one more reason a reason not to shop at Jermyn Street.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Thats pretty dumb IMO. Why limit your sales to a B&M client when you can offer them to the world?

They will sell to you if they can be sure that you are buying the correct size. Was at the factory in Northhampton about a month ago and this is what they told me.

hst

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philip1978
They will sell to you if they can be sure that you are buying the correct size. Was at the factory in Northhampton about a month ago and this is what they told me.

And may I ask how might one go about convincing EG that one is buying the correct size. I am asking because I already told them I wanted size 6 sale list.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hst
And may I ask how might one go about convincing EG that one is buying the correct size. I am asking because I already told them I wanted size 6 sale list.
Not sure I had Hilary Freeman herself fit me.
biggrin.gif
Try emailing them and talking to them.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philip1978
Unless you know Hilary...............

This sounds like a coded drug reference -- which, I suppose, it kind of is.

passingtime

Reaction score
Thats pretty dumb IMO. Why limit your sales to a B&M client when you can offer them to the world?
I would speculate that it's because they don't have a lot to get rid of and people who buy in sales for the most part don't buy the rest of the time. If that is the case it makes sense to limit it to the shop because you have the chance to sell full price shoes to people who come if for sale shoes. I have been in for the last two sales and both times I bought non-sale shoes. Also it rewards people who shop there the rest of the year who are the customers that matter.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by passingtime
I would speculate that it's because they don't have a lot to get rid of and people who buy in sales for the most part don't buy the rest of the time. If that is the case it makes sense to limit it to the shop because you have the chance to sell full price shoes to people who come if for sale shoes. I have been in for the last two sales and both times I bought non-sale shoes.

Also it rewards people who shop there the rest of the year who are the customers that matter.

That makes zero sense - they are a business not a charity operation. They put shoes on sale because they want to sell off their stock. Period. They dont give a **** who they sell them to. Any smart business has a client list for full price clients and sale clients.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

hst

Reaction score
That makes zero sense - they are a business not a charity operation. They put shoes on sale because they want to sell off their stock. Period. They dont give a **** who they sell them to. Any smart business has a client list for full price clients and sale clients.

+1. And the argument that they prefer to give access to sale shoes to regular customers does not hold water since many of these regulars reside overseas.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads