• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

These are great...but too expensive

Fenix

Reaction score
Hello all.

I really like these pair of glasses, but the price tag puts me off slightly. Does anyone know of any other models that looks the same as this one?

Fenix

Reaction score
i had that in my watch list
biggrin.gif
but i want a black one, because my hair is black. i asked the seller if he has the exact model but black frames, he said yes but wants to know how much i would be willing to pay. i gave him a figure and never heard anything since.

minhi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fenix
i had that in my watch list
biggrin.gif
but i want a black one, because my hair is black. i asked the seller if he has the exact model but black frames, he said yes but wants to know how much i would be willing to pay. i gave him a figure and never heard anything since.

actually i think that price ($200) for eyeglass frames, and oliver peoples is quite reasonable, my eye exam is due next month and i'll give them some consideration! luckily my insurance pays a good portion of it!

mythek

Reaction score
Hello all.

I really like these pair of glasses, but the price tag puts me off slightly. Does anyone know of any other models that looks the same as this one?

DAMN those are nice. i wonder if there is sumthing similar but for sunglasses. even better if the lense is that clear/colorless.....

i'm currently looking for a pair of sunglasses that has the look of the eyeglasses, clear/colorless lense but not prescription lense, that also protects me from the sun.....i have no idea if such thing even exists...

Fenix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by minhi
actually i think that price ($200) for eyeglass frames, and oliver peoples is quite reasonable, my eye exam is due next month and i'll give them some consideration! luckily my insurance pays a good portion of it!
you think so?
frown.gif
those glasses cost twice as much as my winter coat.
i'm currently looking for a pair of sunglasses that has the look of the eyeglasses, clear/colorless lense but not prescription lense, that also protects me from the sun.....i have no idea if such thing even exists...
actually yes there is. if you see the link i posted, there you can customize the type of lenses you want (non-prescription, clear, UV lenses). but if you're looking for SUNGLASSES then i don't know.

minhi

Reaction score
you think so?
frown.gif
those glasses cost twice as much as my winter coat.

have you shopped for designer label frames recently? even non-fashion label frames are that expensive, the three frames i have, nike, rl, and moda (off-label danish brand) were that price or more expensive! of course those are metal (and one is titanium), but i'd bet those OP ones are cheaper then D&G or Prada ones and the OP ones are better quality i bet.

they really screw you on eyewear prices, i think the fact that a lot of folks like me have insurance is one reason, but even with insurance i'd still have to pay $80 for the frames.

Fenix

Reaction score
well i have to admit i know nuts about eyewears and prices
frown.gif
i just feel expensive paying $200 for something that sits on my nose. been splurging lately too. $130 for a guitar, $120 for a coat, and now $200 for these. all in a week.
frown.gif
frown.gif

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$130 for a guitar
I hate to sound like a huge snob, but $130 for a guitar is not a splurge, it's a waste of money.
confused.gif
And +1 to what grun said; you wear your glasses every day, with every outfit, every season. Spend a little more and get some really good ones - they're worth it. Edit: So I sound like less of a snob, I'll add welcome to SF, and suggest that you not be intimidated by how much some people here spend on their clothes; there are all ranges of budgets represented on this forum, and you can learn how to get good value at lower price points by hanging out here and doing a little searching through older threads. Although my opinion on the guitar stands...

GameBoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
I hate to sound like a huge snob, but $130 for a guitar is not a splurge, it's a waste of money.
confused.gif

And +1 to what grun said; you wear your glasses every day, with every outfit, every season. Spend a little more and get some really good ones - they're worth it.

Edit: So I sound like less of a snob, I'll add welcome to SF, and suggest that you not be intimidated by how much some people here spend on their clothes; there are all ranges of budgets represented on this forum, and you can learn how to get good value at lower price points by hanging out here and doing a little searching through older threads. Although my opinion on the guitar stands...

Totally off topic, but BD - what's your nicest axe?
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Fenix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grunhauser
It's on your face, your most important asset; pay up and enjoy.
i agree. but if you see my original link it's not there anymore. just when i decided to buy it....

for some reason that model doesn't exist online anymore. there's one on ebay though. but those retail shops, for some reason, took it off their inventories, all at the same time.

am still trying to get used to the forum and understanding how people post. hope you all will bear with me.
smile.gif

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GameBoy
Totally off topic, but BD - what's your nicest axe?
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

A 2001 Les Paul Standard, which may pop up in Buying and Selling for a friendly price sometime soon. I don't play nearly as much as I used to, or would like to...
frown.gif

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
A 2001 Les Paul Standard, which may pop up in Buying and Selling for a friendly price sometime soon.

I don't play nearly as much as I used to, or would like to...
frown.gif

The counter to your argument is that some pretty awesome **** has been made with some terrible ass equipment, whereas the Gibson Les Paul is definitely favored by the douchebag in the Bobby Jones polo who drags his bored wife into Guitar Center and plays classic rock lixxxxx. Your mileage may vary.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads