• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2012 College Football Thread

?

• F

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • L

• O

• R

• I

• D

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • A!

• S

• T

• A

• T

• E!

• FLORIDA STATE!

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • FLORIDA STATE!

• FLORIDA STATE!

• WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• LET'S

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • GO

• PANTHERS!

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerdykarim
I'm really looking forward to Georgia-Boise. We better not lose.

THIS. That's pretty much the only chance BSU has of losing until late in the season (ninth(?) week at TCU).

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
That poll is bullshit.

Where is Georgia State? I mean...come ON!!!!

It must be an oversight, the Eagles should have a really good team this year.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to Georgia-Boise. We better not lose.

Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
THIS. That's pretty much the only chance BSU has of losing until late in the season (ninth(?) week at TCU).

I think Georgia will win. I think it could be a "tone setter" for Georgia, but only if they win. A win is big for Georgia because beating a top 10 team is a huge confidence booster, and Boise will be in the top 10, maybe top five. A loss, on the other hand, doesn't mean as much, because the game isn't particularly important in-conference, and it can be dismissed as a hiccup against a top five team, the impact of which can be basically erased with a win against USC.

Also, a lot of people are viewing that game as an early test to see if Georgia will be competitive in 2011, but I'm not putting too much stock in it from that perspective. It's basically a bowl-type game for Boise, and it's one of their only chances to make a national statement. Georgia, on the other hand, has a much, much more important game the following week, and, if it's competitive in the SEC, it will have tons of chances to get national attention. The incentives just don't match, and I think that could influence the outcome.

That all said, we better not lose.
laugh.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw this...

That poll is bullshit.

...and thought "great, another season of Ed's ranting about GSU is on the horizon."

But then I saw this...

It must be an oversight, the Eagles should have a really good team this year.

...and I smiled because I remembered that we also get to spend all season making that joke.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That poll is bullshit.

I wish I had saved a log of our chat from last year when you legitimately thought GSU would beat Bama.

Originally Posted by MrG
That all said, we better not lose.
laugh.gif

Are you going up to Atlanta to watch the game?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wish I had saved a log of our chat from last year when you legitimately thought GSU would beat Bama.

Uh....they did. Also, the game was much closer than the score suggested.

Anyway, FTR, I realize my joking about GSU is old and it is kinda pointless now that they've played their first season so don't think it'll become a meme.

guster

Reaction score
I saw a article last week where someone had put together the rankings of all the polls/predictions out so far. There are still a number of big polls not out yet so still early....
but the biggest surprise for me was the lack of inclusion of Texas in the top 20. 1 bad year and they have dropped off polls? Don't they still have a lot of talent and is it reasonable to think they will finish in top 20?

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Are you going up to Atlanta to watch the game?

There's an outside possibility I'll be busy, but it's pretty unlikely that the plans I'm trying to make for that weekend will actually pan out. If that doesn't work out, I don't have anything else going on, and I could be convinced to head to the ATL.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looking forward to this one. It would be great if this becomes a game that gets played every year. TCU needs a new rivalry considering their traditional rivalries with SMU and Baylor haven't been competitive in years.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is the game in Atlanta and not Athens?

Yup. It's the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game in the Georgia Dome.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
Yup. It's the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game in the Georgia Dome.

Yikes, the last Chick-fil-A game I attended there was FSU's bowl game. Great game, frightful aftermath.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be there and I think Ed mentioned he lives near by; if you make it up, we should grab a drink before the game.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't believe Texas is not rated in the top 25. I can't believe that we will be the underdog against ATM.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics