• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gilt failing

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now I know most of SF does not really like Gilt but they have dropped to new lows.

Given that they never offer measurements on their site and I wanted to see if an item was slim or normal, I email for "More size questions."

Gilt then proceeds to answer me hours after the sale ends to let me know where I can click the ruler where it shows the size chart. You mean you think I didn't click the size chart then "More size questions"

Then you let me know some brands have unique sizing. No s--- sherlock that's why I emailed in the first place.

So sad.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
indeed they are. i still need to burn about $200 in credit. perhaps ill buy a 3lbs of meat and be done with it.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
indeed they are. i still need to burn about $200 in credit. perhaps ill buy a 3lbs of meat and be done with it.
laugh.gif
I'm at $429 in credit. I've been reduced to buying lots of socks and pocket knives and all this other stuff I don't need to get rid of it. I keep waiting to find staple items I can resell and break even, but there aren't any.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
laugh.gif

I'm at $429 in credit. I've been reduced to buying lots of socks and pocket knives and all this other stuff I don't need to get rid of it. I keep waiting to find staple items I can resell and break even, but there aren't any.

Where is all this credit coming from referrals?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saturdays
my credit is from previous returns. Stephenhero, since the new return policy allows you to get cash refunds, have you tried purchasing something with your credit and then returning it for cash?

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saturdays
I bought a Belvest sportcoat and some hickey trousers that didn't work out. I've had the credit for a couple months now.

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't returned any of my purchases from them. Recently, I haven't bought anything from them. Their sales for the past few months haven't been enticing at all.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
They're probably selling more things at a price closer to retail now because people are so fed up with their unused credit that they're willing to drop hundreds on books and frying pans that can be bought on Amazon for less in order to just get rid of it.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my credit is from previous returns. Stephenhero, since the new return policy allows you to get cash refunds, have you tried purchasing something with your credit and then returning it for cash?

Nope. I returned something bought partly for credit, partly for cash and it only gave me back as much cash as I'd put in for the purchase.

giraffe lookout

Reaction score
Have you ever noticed that all their models are the same exact size and weight. Seemed like they just picked 6' 165lbs with a size 40 suit as their default and never change it for the specific models.

HarleyBob

Reaction score
Why do people continue to buy from Gilt? I can't stand the group and I refuse to spend my money with them. Their policies, etc. are a joke. I would rather pay a little more for better service and support a merchant that cares.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HarleyBob
Why do people continue to buy from Gilt? I can't stand the group and I refuse to spend my money with them. Their policies, etc. are a joke. I would rather pay a little more for better service and support a merchant that cares.
i think a lot of people now share your view but only because their offerings have dried up in the last year. My Gilt credit is from 8 months ago

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think a lot of people now share your view but only because their offerings have dried up in the last year. My Gilt credit is from 8 months ago

Yeah I only purcahsed two things from them, a Blue V-neck and a Pair of Slim Fitting White Jeans both from RLBL both were total under $90, was a pretty good deal considering retail was about $525+...

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gilt had an awesome private sale if I remember, super cheap suits etc.

Everything good sold out right away of course
plain.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by giraffe lookout
Have you ever noticed that all their models are the same exact size and weight. Seemed like they just picked 6' 165lbs with a size 40 suit as their default and never change it for the specific models.

I gather that you've never been a (fit) model. The weight and height requirements are usually very strict.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads