• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zipia (Korean / Japanese Fashion) Mass / Group Order Thread

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
is there any guarantee for receiving the merchandise?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
There is a thread on sufu about that stuff. They did it and apparently the guy who organized it couldn't believe how bad the quality was. I mean, laughable quality. Not to mention that sizing is all over the place and rarely as described. The sufu thread has a lot of info on it, but none of it encouraging.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
sufu? I emailed the op, I guess we'll be in touch.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
http://supertalk.superfuture.com/sho...t=22750&page=3 "i honestly did not know what ****** quality was until i touched the products. they were genuinly ******. the fabric was thin and rough. the entire garmet was flimsy, and there was loose threading everywhere. i didnt look at everyone's stuff, but of the things i had to open to refold, some was just flat out disgusting." "i mean they are stuffs that dont even make it to dongdaemoon which is like trendy flee market, so go figure" Just a warning.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Well, I ordered 3 things, but I picked them very carefully based on material and close ups of the fabric. It's an experiment and either way, it's cheaper than a plane ticket! I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Well, I ordered 3 things, but I picked them very carefully based on material and close ups of the fabric. It's an experiment and either way, it's cheaper than a plane ticket! I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

I don't know where to begin.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sygyzy
I don't know where to begin.
It can't be a huge dropoff from A/X. Also some of the people posting in the thread mentioned the stuff is about H&M quality, which isn't horrendous and probably about the same quality as A/X.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Somebody mentioned Dong Dae-Mun, I've bought some of my favourite things from there. You just have to know what to look for. I have lots of experience dodging cheap asian clothes XD

as343

Reaction score
very interested... ill email shortly
biggrin.gif
!

savage

Reaction score
A lot of the Korean Clothing I've encountered has been of very poor quality. Trends change with each season there it's not worth it for the masses to spend a lot of $$$ for somehting that will be out in a matter of months. And everyone follows the trends.. to a T - the young and the old! Think H&M but 1/4 the price and quality. Sure they look great, some of the stuff, but won't last long. Unless you spend the big $$$$.

Dong Dea Mun, is great.. the later you go there, the cheaper everything is! I went at 3:30am and the place was packed!!!

Another fav, for my wife was the Express Bus Terminal.

I could never find anything that I liked, did I mention Ilived there for 2 years?, so I never bought that much stuff, not to say I didn't try. The best place for me was Apkujon, the high-end shopping district.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by savage
A lot of the Korean Clothing I've encountered has been of very poor quality. Trends change with each season there it's not worth it for the masses to spend a lot of $$$ for somehting that will be out in a matter of months. And everyone follows the trends.. to a T - the young and the old! Think H&M but 1/4 the price and quality. Sure they look great, some of the stuff, but won't last long. Unless you spend the big $$$$. Dong Dea Mun, is great.. the later you go there, the cheaper everything is! I went at 3:30am and the place was packed!!! Another fav, for my wife was the Express Bus Terminal. I could never find anything that I liked, did I mention Ilived there for 2 years?, so I never bought that much stuff, not to say I didn't try. The best place for me was Apkujon, the high-end shopping district.
Have you been to Myung-Dong? They're a bit more designer than DDM. Every time I visit Korea, I spend hundreds on clothing
inlove.gif
Did you shop at places like Noton Homme? First experience with them when my girlfriend bought matching shirts from them -_-". Good quality and some really great designs. I really wish they had an online store.

hollaforadolla

Reaction score
i did the order for super future. honestly, its not even worth the effort / money from shipping. i did not know what ****** quality was until i saw some of these items. they came with weird odors (really plasticey smells), shoddy materials, and loose threading everywhere.

to say its comparable to hm quality is pretty much flat out wrong. ie: hm sweaters come with fleece on the inside during the appropriate seasons and are generally soft. some zipia sweaters are made of tshirt material (for 40 bucks?!) and dont even fit that well.

trying to find the right fit is a whole other story. they dont post accurate measurements on the site, and the pictures of the models are way photoshopped. it really looks alot better on them than in real life.

the people who i have talked to from my order are busily trying to unload their items. i would really suggest against doing a zipia order.

savage

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Have you been to Myung-Dong? They're a bit more designer than DDM. Every time I visit Korea, I spend hundreds on clothing
inlove.gif

Did you shop at places like Noton Homme? First experience with them when my girlfriend bought matching shirts from them -_-". Good quality and some really great designs. I really wish they had an online store.

Yeah been to Myung-dong. Good hang, but i don't think i ever bought anything there either. Where's Noton Homme? I may have been there but not known the name...

I did buy some stuff at Ewha Womens university shopping district... They have some nice kicks stores and stuff..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads