• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can we please ban APPLE EARBUDS IN PUBLIC!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
those ******* minorities. why can't they segregate public transit like the good old days??

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
those ******* minorities. why can't they segregate public transit like the good old days??

lol8[1].gif

rxcats

Reaction score
I have several pairs of those ear buds because I have an iPhone, iPod nano and old iPod shuffle and one may have even come with my iPad. It is kind of like the chargers, I have those all over the place too. I bought some other ear buds that stick in your ear and are supposed to sound better, but they hurt terribly after a while. It came with several sizes, but none fit well (not to fall out) and were comfortable. The only time I ever use ear buds at all is at the gym, so I don't think it is bothering anyone unless it is the fashion issue with them being Apple/white.

rxcats

Reaction score

It wouldn't help. Asians were sort of "honorary whites" during to good-old days of segregation.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They still do in the UK. Many trains have a 'Quiet Carriage', no phones, no ipods, no gameboys, no screaming babies, no mariachi bands....peace.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rxcats
It wouldn't help. Asians were sort of "honorary whites" during to good-old days of segregation.
In a dissent.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI your allowed to criticize ppl when they do something that bothers everyone within earshot.

You know its like when a crime is commited and they identify the guy in the news as 6 foot wearing a black shirt and jeans, no mention of ethnicity, lest it be racist.
laugh.gif

atila

Reaction score
How about instead of banning the earbuds we just ban people from listening to them at such high volumes? Problem solved and everyone gets to keep their ****.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MikeDT
They still do in the UK. Many trains have a 'Quiet Carriage', no phones, no ipods, no gameboys, no screaming babies, no mariachi bands....peace.

you do realize that won't work in asia and north america

Originally Posted by eddievddr10
You know its like when a crime is commited and they identify the guy in the news as 6 foot wearing a black shirt and jeans, no mention of ethnicity, lest it be racist.
laugh.gif

lol... I just realized most (alleged) criminals caught and shown in our local news gets the required face-to-face meeting with their accusers which leads to the required beat down for a few minutes by the accuser while the cops look on with amusement. 3rd world law enforcement ftw!

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never underestimate a determined minority...at least you are not flash robbed of your audio space.

Optimistic

Reaction score
I wouldn't blast music if people didn't feel so comfortable having idiotic conversations on public transit.

I don't want to hear tales of your troubles
I don't want to hear tales of your successes

...and Apple Earphones are the best sounding in their price category... it's the only Apple product worth buying...

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Optimistic
I wouldn't blast music if people didn't feel so comfortable having idiotic conversations on public transit. I don't want to hear tales of your troubles I don't want to hear tales of your successes
The default bundled Apple buds are probably not for you then.
Originally Posted by Optimistic
...and Apple Earphones are the best sounding in their price category... it's the only Apple product worth buying...
Probably the Apple IEMs are good. http://www.apple.com/ipod/in-ear-headphones/ However the cheapo buds which come with iPhones, iPads and iPods are bloody awful, but most people seem to use them, a shame considering how much they paid for their Apple devices. They just don't stay-in, are uncomfortable, tinny, let in unwanted noises, break too easily.

saiyar1

Reaction score
OP is a *************. Why is it of any importance what ethnicity some one is when listening to music? Ok, so you have some idiotic rant about banning Apple headphones. Not sure how you thought that was realistic. But clearly you're a closet bigot when race/ethnicity crops up for no good reason. Plus you look like an smug idiot in your picture.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads