• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012

Brian SD

Reaction score
Fixtures are out for the new season in the Premier League, so I'd say it's as good a time as any to get some pre-season chatter going and welcome anyone new. Will Manchester City continue their run to the top of the table, money flying out of their pockets? Will United hold on and pull through with number 20? Will Arsenal pull their big boy boots on and manage not to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory? Will Chelsea find their form again and wreak havoc? Will Kenny Dalglish return Liverpool to its former days of glory? How about the newly promoted teams? It'll be the first time a Welsh team makes it into the premier league. Norwich and QPR both have potential to stay up with how shaky Wolves, Villa and Wigan have been. http://www.premierleague.com/page/Fi...,12306,00.html Fixtures here for August. Some oddities you might immediately notice: Spurs have a really difficult run in. They aren't going to be getting a break for awhile. On the flip-side, if they managed to stun United before they hit their form and get a result against City, it could be a very significant boost to their season.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I'm gutted by the news that Andre Villas Boas may be moving to Chelsea. Not only is that a very scary idea for the rest of the PL teams, but I was sincerely hoping for Porto to stay together for the most part. Wishful thinking, I know. At least Dortmund is showing resolve and aren't selling off Hummels, Subotic, Kagawa, etc. NEW KITS! Chelsea:
pGk0D.jpg
Real:
ShhiB.jpg
City:
lXA6P.jpg
West Ham:
bDm8q.jpg
Spurs (home / away / third):
KoRyU.jpg
KABc3.jpg
Ggi1d.jpg
Liverpool third:
2EVwU.png
Swansea:
slNLU.jpg
wzxGn.jpg
Milan:
TZmYZ.jpg

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a down year for kit design, I'd say
frown.gif

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the new United one actually.
New-Manchester-United-Home-Kit-11-12.jpg

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My new City Away arrived today....loving the throwback black and red stripes. Not too keen on the new home shirt that was leaked, though the sound wave design of "Blue Moon" is pretty cool.

Cool site for footie shirts:
www.footballshirtculture.com

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^

What do you think about those arms out/goal celebration sleeves? They look kinda funky when the arms are down, no?

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see what the big stink with Villas-Boas is. He had a spectacular year, yes, but only one, and he's going to cost Chelsea 15m euros - no manager is worth that much.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Good:

ManU
Spurs white

Bad:

Spurs Purple
Chelsea
Man City

Meh:

Everything else

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't wait for soccer to start back up again. As an Arsenal fan though, I'm a bit torn. I don't want to see Fabregas go to Barca (I must concede that I absolutely love watching Barca games and watch them more than anyone else, it may be my soccer crush with Xavi), but am intrigued with what will happen in the transfer window if Fabregas leaves and we can use that cash to add pieces to the puzzle.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BDC2823
Can't wait for soccer to start back up again. As an Arsenal fan though, I'm a bit torn. I don't want to see Fabregas go to Barca (I must concede that I absolutely love watching Barca games and watch them more than anyone else, it may be my soccer crush with Xavi), but am intrigued with what will happen in the transfer window if Fabregas leaves and we can use that cash to add pieces to the puzzle.

Except Wenger would never spend that money.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads